Prologue

Unfortunately for the delivery man, he was not enjoying last day alive.

"You lazy shit you were supposed to deliver those goods hours ago!", yelled his boss through the phone. "I ordered those boxes of bread around nine and all you had to do was collect them from Strasbourg and then bring them here to Paris by half six. You have had enough time to travel to and from the east and you're late and the retailers are coming now to take them as we speak! What the hell have you been doing over there?"

The boss would never stop giving out to this delivery man's delayed punctuation (which happens a lot) and yet he would not learn his mistake whatsoever and only goes through his life the easy way.

He was in fact still in Strasbourg enjoying pints of wine at the local bar. He felt like rewarding himself aimlessly for travelling a long distance and completely forgetting about his mission and when he does remember, he will not give a care while guzzling down his next glass of wine. He was ideas lazy. That was until his boss rang him and was not happy.

"Whass your problem?" the delivery man replied rudely. His voice as deep, his words were slurred because he was drunk. "I've travelled far, sshouldn't I at least treat myself?"

"What's my problem?" said the boss. The delivery man is now in for a lecture.

"Not only are you wasting your time but mine too! Every time you have to deliver something, you always end up slacking off! Like hell, get your lazy ass over here or I'm firing you and back to the streets you go!"

The boss hung up leaving the man angry. He angrily got up and left the bar without paying and he moved like an angry child entering their room to sulk. He had no other choice than to do what he is supposed to do after all this time and it was obvious he was reluctant to go on another boring non-stop driveback to the capital.

Strasbourg is a nice city built on the River Rhine and close to the Franco-German border. Lots white and red buildings and symmetrical streets but the man ignored it.

He spent his walk to the bakery on Route du Polygone doing nothing but cursing everything in his life and completely spacing out on everything around him such as bumping into people and crossing roads without looking both ways. The man got strange looks from others but the man did not care about it what so ever.

He was stuck in his own world where everything could have gone his way because honestly he hasn't been having a good time anywhere. He just wished he would escape his ordinary boring life, which is why it was his last day.

When he reached the bakery, he found his almost-forgotten delivery truck ,with the back door open, parked on the side of the bakery's car park. He entered the bakery which was small as it was a take away bakery and the bell on the door rang and an employee came to serve him.

"Hi, welcome to the Croissant Bakery what do you need?"

"Hello, uh my boss ordered boxes of bread from this bakery and I uh am here to collect them and deliver them to P-Paris"
The man had to think twice to see if his words were understandable before looking back at it and cringe like last time. Lucky for him, the employee understood it.

"Oh yes! Okay they are all ready for pick-up. Luc! Help put the boxes in the truck!"

A sweaty employee came up with a handful of large boxes and went out the front door to the truck which looked like like a scene from a comedy. There was a lot of boxes so the man and the other employee figured that it would be best to help.