dance with me

Lee pursed her lips when she heard a knock at the door. She was unsure of her plans. Lee knew that this would be good for Percy, even if he didn't.

Lee check her appearance one last time before opening the door.

Percy stood there, very red in the face. He looked quite uncomfortable too.

"Hi," Lee smiled. She felt her heart flutter, just a little. Nothing extreme.

"Hi."

Percy's red face turned to pink as he began to forget about whatever had embarrassed him.

"Since you're finally of age, and I know you would never agree to this otherwise," Lee began, "I've decided to take you to a club."

Percy immediatley declined the offer.

"Lee, that's not really for me," Percy said. "I wouldn't be any good at something like "

"That's not true, and you're an adult now. You can finally have some real fun."

"I don't know-"

"I promise nothing bad will happen," Lee told him. "I'll stay mostly sober so you can have the fun."

Percy took a few moments to think.

"Alright," he sighed, "but I'm not drinking."

"We'll see about that," Lee smirked as she took his arm and led him to what she determined would be the best 17th birthday in history.

_______

Percy looked apprehensive as he gazed at the outside of the club. The words Devil's Escape gave the clubs name and a enigmatic aura.

Lee noticed the look on her boyfriends face.

"Perce, I promise this will be fun. Just let loose for one night," she wrapped her arms around his waist. Their noses were almost touching.

"I know, I trust you," Percy said.

Lee gave him a quick kiss on the lips and pulled him into the chaos.

The club went by in a blur. Percy could only focus on snippets, but not the entire story.

"Here, drink this, you'll like this."

Percy took a swig of the bright blue liquid Lee had offered him. If felt cool going down his throat. He liked it.

"What is this?" Percy yelled over the loud music.

"Don't worry about that," she replied. "Just drink!"

Percy complied to her orders.

Next he was dancing. And kissing. Always with Lee, of course.

Then more drinking. He was pretty sure Lee had drank a fair amount as well.

Percy was having fun at the club. He knew he was drunk, but he really didn't care. This was different from when he smoked with Lee.

Being high was just a light feeling.

Being drunk was something else entirely. Percy felt like he could do anything. Confidence and adrenaline ran through his veins in the place of blood.