[5]

Lou's POVI run fingers through my slightly curled hair

Lou's POV
I run fingers through my slightly curled hair. Today we were shooting the target. I position myself how Four showed us and fired. I missed it.
I heard a laugh next to me and turned my head to find a tall blonde guy laughing at me.
"Pathetic."
I scoffed.
"Why do you care?"
Guy smirked.
"I don't. You are just pathetic."
I glared at him and heard footsteps behind me. His eyes widened and he turned to his target. I turned around and looked up at Eric. God, he is tall.
He wasn't looking at me, he was looking at the guy that talked to me.
"What's your name, initiate?"
Guy turned to Eric.
"Justin, sir."
Eric hummed.
"Justin. If I see you again bother one of the initiates I will throw you of a chasm. Did I make myself clear?"
Justin nodded.
"Yes, sir."
I looked up at Eric with a small smile. He glanced at me and I saw small smile before he turned around and walked to Four.
I turned to target, breathed in and position myself properly. I focused on the target and shoot. It went straight into the center. I giggled slightly.
It was lunch time now and we had the rest of the day off. I was sitting next to Elena who talked about this nice guy that she met.
"And he has beautiful brown eyes. Did I say he was Dauntless born?"
I smiled at her.
"Is he here now?"
She nodded and I followed her eyes. At the far table was tall, muscular guy with cute hair and eyes. I smiled at Elena.
"Why don't you hang out?"
Her eyes widened.
"He is a Dauntless born, I'm an Amity."
I hummed.
"Ask him to help you with your fighting skills. That way you can spend more time together."
Elena smiled and nodded.
"That's a great idea. Thank you."
She walked to him and he immediately brightened.
I smiled at the two and started eating when someone sat across from me. I looked up and saw Justin.
"Maybe we could start this over. I'm Justin."
I smiled softly.
"Lou."
Justin nodded and smiled. I glanced to my left and saw Eric watching us. I send him a small smile but he turned away.
I was so confused. One moment he is nice and the next he doesn't acknowledge me.
I laid in my bed thinking about him. I know I like him but I know he probably doesn't like me back. How is that that I'm the only one not afraid of him. Maybe because under that cold demeanour he is a softie and something must have hurt him for him to act this way.