26.

Excuse any mistakes.

Compton
Next night
8:22 pm

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."

Harlan Ellison

Sitting on the steps of the apartment complex, Shiloh had his hood over his head as he impatiently waited for Travis to come outside. He had to be back at the condo before Nia got out of her workouts. They'd planned to study together and he didn't want to keep her waiting.

    He hadn't been back home in a while. He was having bittersweet feelings about it. He just wished Travis would have followed him.

But, he couldn't fully trust him anymore.

      Shiloh and Travis really hadn't talked since Shiloh attended Shaq's funeral. That had to be the saddest funeral he'd ever attended. The community was just looked like they were hopeless.

A little boy lost his life all because he was playing outside. That shit made Shiloh wanna throw up.

   The sounding of a door opening and closing caught Shiloh's attention. He turned around to see Travis walking in his direction with his shirt off and a blunt in his mouth.

Shiloh noticed that Travis also had on a series of gold chains and a gold Rolex.

   "Wassup rich boy?" Travis greets with a smirk on his face.

"I ain't got no Rolex on." Shiloh replies.

    Travis laughs, taking a seat on the staircase beside Shiloh. "I ain't seen you in a minute, Truth. What's been good witchu?"

Shiloh shrugs. "Nothin' much. School, my girl, allat."

   "Aw shit. Nia finally let you hit." Travis laughs.

"Why she gotta let me hit?" Shiloh shakes his head. "She my girl. No sex or not."

     Travis shakes his head. "What the bitches be sayin'? 'Whew... chile the GHETTO.'" He laughs again.

"Anyway, what you on?" Shiloh looks at him.

    "I'm on the money train. You left me for all that bougie shit." Shiloh stale faces him. "Damn, calm down. I'm just kiddin'. You always serious."

"Shit, you needa be more serious. How long you think you gon' survive out here?" Shiloh says out of irritation. "I'ma be comin' to ya funeral next."

     Travis scoffs. "I stay strapped boy."

Shiloh looks ahead without saying anything. He just felt like he was talking to a brick wall.

"Why you here?" Travis continues. "You tryna convince me to come to Beverly Hills again? If so, you wastin' ya time."

"Nah." Shiloh shakes his head. "I'm just here to tell you to stop talkin' to Nia."

"Nigga what?"

"I heard what you was sayin' to her when I was in the hospital. Just leave her alone, foreal. She ain't deserve none of that shit." Shiloh looks at him.