Chapter 3

The next day you were bandaged up. You had been ordered to stay home and recover. You had complained that you were perfectly fine, but it was no use. 

You sat on the couch, watching TV. You felt bored out of your mind. You wanted to see Connor again as well. You stayed home for awhile, walking around your house, having whatever you wanted to eat, and just lazing around. You groaned, annoyed. You got up.

"Screw it! I'm not just gonna sit here!" You heard the news. Apparently an area was being patrolled by the police to find a missing android who reportedly attacked it's owner and then ran away. You knew that's where Hank and Connor would be. You hurried to get dressed and then you headed out. No way I'm gonna be left out of the action because of a grazed arm! You hurried off.

Once you arrived you parked and got out. You spotted Connor and Hank. You hurried over. Hank looked upset.

"(Y/n) you were told to stay home!" He said.

"No way! It doesn't even hurt anymore! I'm fine!" You retorted. 

"You shouldn't be using your arm to much. The wound could reopen." Connor said.

"I'll be fine guys." You assured. 

"*Sigh* Fine, but the moment you stain these close red you're staying home for 3 days!" Hank said. You chuckled.

"Whatever you say Hank." You said. You looked around and suddenly, you saw them. You recognized her face from the case file. "There!" You yelled. They ran for it. You chased after them. Connor and Hank were way behind you now, but Connor was very fast. You kept running. They went out onto the road! You didn't think. I've gotta catch them! You hurried over the fence and continued to chase them.

"(Y/N)!!!" Hank yelled. "STAY AWAY FROM THERE!" You ignored him.

"MS. (L/N)! STOP!" Connor yelled. You ignored him too. You chased after them. You ran into the road, following them. 

"Stop!" You yelled after the two. They kept running. You did a barrel roll to avoid getting hit by a car. You continued to chase them. "Hold it right there!" You yelled.

"Run Alice!" The android yelled. You kept going. They hurried back into traffic. So did you. She pushed the little girl across, but you caught her. You fought her in the middle of the road. She pushed you backward and you yelped as you fell over. She ran to the other side, leaving you.

"(Y/N)!!" You heard a yell. You turned and froze as a bus came hurtling at you. In the last possible second, you were grabbed and yanked out of the way. You felt the wind of the bus go by. Your hands pressed up against someone's chest and their strong arms wrapped around you protectively. You were shaking hard, your heart was pounding, you were in shock. You looked up to see your rescuer. It was Connor. His LED was bright red and he looked very concerned. 

"C-Connor..." You whimpered and latched onto him, shaking in terror. He was stunned for a moment, but his arms wrapped around you again. 

"It's alright. You're safe now." He said calmly. You held onto him. "(Y/n), what were you thinking? Rushing into traffic like that almost assured your death. You aren't as fast as an android. You could've been killed." He said. 

"I-I was just...t-trying to stop them. I-I didn't want everyone to think I as too scared to try." You said. He said nothing. He pulled back.

"It is my mission to catch the deviants. You must be more careful. We need you if we are ever going to solve this investigation." He said. You were stunned as he picked you up. "You are still in shock. I must take you home to recover. I will watch over you for the evening." He said.