14. Unpleasantville

Allison had gotten home pretty late the other night. It wasn't the fact that she had gotten drunk, not true at all actually. She and Damon had been talking, playing pool, a game of darts, and then they began talking of ways to get Katherine back. Allison had agreed to allow Damon down to her house so that he could look through her family's journals. She didn't really see how that could help, but apparently it wouldn't hurt to check.

She was up in the attic looking through all the boxes for her family journals when she finally found them in a box filled with books, journals, and a few family heirlooms. Picking the box up she began to climb down the small ladder leading to the attic, but on her way down she lost her footing and slipped. She yelled in fright as she fell and braced herself for the pain that was to come, but it didn't. Instead she felt someone catch her.

Allison looked and saw that it was Damon who had caught her and prevented her fall. She sighed in relief. "You saved me. Thank you." She looked up at him and he smirked, but didn't say anything. He just stared at her. Allison was beginning to feel awkward with him staring at her and looked down at the box that she had managed to hold onto. Only a few books had fallen out. She cleared her throat, "yeah, so I found my family's journals and stuff."

Blinking and shaking his head, Damon set her down on the floor and picked up one of the books, "um, yeah great." She nodded, "c'mon." and led him into her bedroom. "Ooh, nice. Very artistic." Damon mused jokingly. It was clear, due to the vast amount of canvases, paint brushes and a guitar in the corner it fit her personality perfectly. Very Allison.

Allison placed the box on her bed and turned to him, "so, here's all the family stuff. Why do you wanna look through the journals anyway?" Damon walked over to her bed and began looking through the box and answered, "because that Logan Fell guy said that families passed down journals to their children. I wanna see if somebody wrote something about Emily in here." He told her.

Allison remembered something then that she hadn't done. "Um, yeah. I meant to thank you about the whole Logan kidnapping thing, so... Thank you." She said awkwardly. Damon stopped looking through the box for a second and looked at her, "no problem, Alliecat." She had to be the only person in this town who thanked him for anything. He stopped staring at her and went back to looking through the box until he found a load of journals at the bottom. He picked the box up and dumped it on her bed, "I'll do half and you do the other." He instructed her.

Allison snorted, "you're not the boss of me. You can't tell me what to do." Damon raised his eyebrows at her and smirked, "I just did, and actually if you didn't have that little necklace I could make you do whatever I wanted." Her hand stroked her necklace and she smirked back at him, "yeah, well you're never gonna know again because I'm never gonna take this off." Damon rolled his eyes and threw a book at her and she caught it easily and groaned, "but I hate reading." "Tough, kitten." He deadpanned and she huffed and sat on her window seat.

Damon picked up one of the books and plopped down onto her bed reading Mark Carter's journal. He remembered him from back in the day since he was best friends with his father. Damon didn't mind the guy, he never agreed with his fathers way of degrading him all the time, but Damon's father wasn't a fan of him as Damon was also friends with their son Max who was sent away after he had, had an illegitimate son with a woman that he was madly in love with. Max was never heard from again.

Damon and Allison read and read, but there was nothing in any of the journals about Emily's Grimoire. Sighing, Damon grabbed one of the last few journals that looked quite new. He doubted anything about Emily was in here, but it wouldn't hurt to try. He was starting to get annoyed when he had read all the way to April. He was in 1992 now and realized that this was Madison Carter's journal. Everything she wrote mainly consisted of normal boring things and the Founders Council, but when he was about to close the journal and give up he saw the date. It was a few days after Allison's birth in 1992 and he decided to read it.