#TheFinale

Jeanette's POV

"That name sounds familiar. Didn't Grandpa's friend have a son named Phillip?" I asked confused.

"Yes. In fact, he was the man that my father wanted me to marry instead of Carson... I was in loved with both of them at the time. But it was too difficult for me to decide at the moment. So after a few months of being so indecisive Phillip made the choice for me." She said and then a tear suddenly escaped from one of her eyes.

"He said that if I really loved him, the choice would have been easy."

"So I went off with Carson." She said firmly.

"We were happy for a couple of years but then things went bad. Really, Really, bad." She stressed.

 "He wasn't the man I thought he was. So after Patton was born I told him I needed some time to think about us. I went to France and reconnected with Phillip through a party my father was having for all his business associates. I cheated on Carson with him a few weeks after." she explained with a neutral tone.

"How did Carson find out?" I asked.

"I went back to Carson because I felt guilt. The news hit me the day I got back. We weren't intimate at that time when I got pregnant. He tried to kill me after he found out, so my father took me away from him for a while. When Phillip heard about my pregnancy his wife was angry." she said in the same tone as before.

"I would imagine that his wife would be a little mad. He did cheat on her." I muttered in an obvious tone.

"Phillip called me and told me he wanted me to abort you but I just couldn't" she said in a broken voice.

"You should have." I snap with a hard voice.

"Jeanette-" she gasped and started to walk closer to me but I held out my hand for her to stop.

"Could have solved all your problems" I said simply.

"Well it's too late now" she whispered.

"Obviously" I snapped with narrow eyes.

"Anyways when you were born it was just you, me and your Grandfather at the hospital. He recommended to take you because of Carson's reaction to me keeping you but I thought Carson would get use to you." 

"But why do I have Carson's name on my birth certificate?" I asked puzzled.

"Your grandfather forged that one. Your real one has a blank space for the father signature. It's back in France if you want me to go get it." She offered.

"No. No. Its fine. When I go over there I'll see it for myself." I said nonchalantly.

"What do you mean?" She asked confused.

"When's your flight?" I asked.

"In 3 days. I thought I would stay here and take care of you" she explained.

"That would be a first" I mumbled and then she was about to say something, probably to defend herself but I continued to speak.

"I'll be ready to go to France in two days." I stated firmly.

"Jeanette, you can barely get up." My mother said concerned.

"I don't care mother. I have to do this." I said in a dismissive voice.

"Please just rest." She urged, trying to persuade me to stay.

"I've rested long enough. The conversation is over. Please call everyone in" I declared.

"Okay Jeannette" she said defeated after a couple of silent minutes, and then went out of the room. When she left I immediately heard running from down the hall. Feet stomping the ground. Then the door flung open to Cheri and Tiffany trying to squeeze both of their bodies through the doorway at the same time. There was a lot of jabbing and when they finally got through they just fell to the ground with a thump. Martin causally walked over them. He sat on a chair that was next to me.