beginning

michael clifford and his longtime bff calum hood were looking for a place to live.

they had decided that their crusty ass apartment was,,,, well crUSTY, and they needed to get out of there ASAP, so, they moved out.

for the time being, they were crashing at michael's girlfriend's place, and throughout the day they went house hunting, and at night the three of them hung out together and calum complained about being a constant third wheel.

it was after a month of crashing at crystal's (and not bothering to pay for their stay) that crystal decided to go house hunting with them so they could find a good house. it was also because she was getting sick of them staying with her and being annoying. she loved her boyfriend very much, and she loved calum like some half brother or something, but when michael and calum were together and you're constantly around them 24/7, they get annoying as fuck.

she found a place not very far from her apartment complex, an old and small California Bungalow that had creaky stairs and a "cool ass fireplace" as michael said. they didn't mind the creaking and the fact that she was a little old so they purchased it.

crystal was extremely relieved that they were out of her home and into a new one.

the friends settled into their petit home in a week. they didn't really have that much stuff, since their old apartment was super small, so they ordered some more furniture online and other random shit that they didn't need but wanted anyway.

at this point now, they had been living in their home for a month. crystal visited occasionally, to have movie nights with michael while calum worked on stuff for his job in his room.

their lives were comfortable and great, and they were happy with everything that was going on.

one night though, everything changed.

it was the night before halloween, and since calum had to go back to work monday, since he was a music teacher at a high school, they had to throw their halloween party on saturday. they didn't want to throw it on a sunday because "parties aren't fun on sundays" (michael's words yet again) and that calum has to grade last minute worksheets his students did a month ago that he never got to.

michael and calum are big party people. they're still young, and fresh out of college, so their parties are very college like: booze, loud cuss-filled music, very crowded, and calum somehow throws french fries into the mix.

but they also liked throwing smaller parties, like the halloween/late housewarming party they were throwing later that day actually. it was a watered down college halloween party with a group of their friends from college and some of crystal's friends. the group was a decent size actually, and the party was great.

calum dressed up as a ghost (basically a sheet, stained with beer since he's clumsy, and had holes for his eyes), and michael dressed up as some stupid ass superhero he made up.

"i call it, mike-ro-wave," he sighed contently. calum and michael were standing in michael's room, staring at the poorly made, so-called, "superhero" costume hung up behind michael's door.

"bro, this is shit," calum stated, and walked out of the room.

michael scoffed. "you just don't know what true art looks like!" he yelled as calum's bedroom door closed down the hall.

the party was running smoothly. shots were taken, along with pictures and snapchats. a lot of fries and cheese puffs were consumed, along with halloween-themed shitty stale pretzels, and halloween oreos.

crystal's friend erica, a musical nerd who was obsessed with calum, was flirting with him, or at least attempting to, and michael was clinging to his girlfriend the whole night.