Chapter Sixty-Two: I Will Follow You Into The Dark

Tasha didn't sleep that night. Her thoughts keeping her up late, her chest feeling like it would burst at any moment as the emotions built up inside her body. As much as she screamed at her body to stop, it wouldn't listen.

Connor was so hurt. All because of me. Because I turned off my emotions...

Tasha shook her head as she walked into the precinct.

No. If I keep thinking about it, I'm going to spiral down into a dark hole I'll never get out of.

She felt her heart jump the tiniest bit in her chest as she saw Gavin had bruises all over his arms and face.

Did Connor do that?

Tasha couldn't help but smile slightly at the idea of Connor hurting Gavin for touching her. Then she remembered how hurt he looked and she felt her chest tighten.

Software Instability

Where is he anyways?

Connor was never late to work, yet it was several hours after he was supposed to arrive.

Why should I care?

Tasha let out a groan as Hank walked over to her desk

Tasha let out a groan as Hank walked over to her desk. "Connor's talking with Markus."

"Okay... I'm supposed to care why?"

"You were wondering where he was, kiddo."

Tasha scoffed, "No! I — I wasn't

Tasha scoffed, "No! I — I wasn't."

Hank laughed, "Even without your emotions you're still a terrible liar. You still love him, even if you don't want to admit it."

Tasha's calm demeanour faltered for a moment as a pained expression came to her face.

"When he looks at me, all he sees is a broken toy."