Quilin x Reader

A quilin is a Chinese unicorn.

This was going to be another one of those days

Your parents had been fighting again, it got really tense and you couldn't handle it any more. Racing out of the house you ran to a nearby temple to pray for your broken family.

Your bare feet slapped against the cobblestones as you continued to ran towards a very ancient temple. You stopped at a statue of a Quilin and kneeled at its hooved feet.

Your eyes scrunched up and your hands were clasped in prayer.

"Please take me far far away from this dreadful place. I don't want to be around the toxicity of my parents any longer."  You repeated under your breath.

For awhile nothing happened. You sighed in disappointment as you knew that nothing was going to save you. As you got up to exit the temple you saw a faint shimmering come from the statue.

It was vibrating rapidly and soon the stone melted away to reveal a living Quilin! He was massive and elegant with a swaying serpentine body. He flew over to you with grace and touched your nose with his muzzle.

In an instant you were whisked away by unknown magic to a small clearing. There was a koi pond filled with clear cerulean water. Massive koi fish swam in the pond lazily. Your breath was taken away by the sheer beauty of the place. The Quilin stared at you with satisfaction in its amber eyes. He was happy to have saved you.

You turned to him and gave his thick scaled neck a hug. Feeling his whiskers tickle your neck in return. You felt his fiery orange mane in your fingers and he smelled of lilies and jasmine.

"Thank you." You whispered. Not really expecting him to reply.

"Do not mention it young one." His deep and wise voice boomed. You gasped in surprise and laughed at your shock.

"Sorry, I wasn't expecting you to actually say anything." You said sheepishly. Sitting down criss cross on the emerald grass you were joined with the Quilin as it wrapped it's body around you in a loving gesture.

You laid on him as you took in the peace and quiet you finally had achieved.

Well, it's short but I still like this fanfiction a lot. Please vote and comment what you would like me to write about!