17| To Kill Some Time

It's been about a month since the day I first woke up as a dragon. To be honest, I still find it strange that I've somehow turned into one, but by now I've gotten used to it. The cave looks much better since then too. I increased our supply of baskets and reserved an area in the corner of the cave specifically for storage purposes.

Everything has been going well lately and life's been really easy. But there is just one problem.

I'M. SO. BORED!

There's nothing to do here! No anime, no games, no nothing! Why aren't anime, games, and all of technology in general part of the things I've forgotten! This is just torture!

Live la Live, ElfenTail, Blade Craft Offline, there are so many animes I haven't gotten around to watching, and now never will!

What happened to the ending of Half-Iron Botanist? Code:Grease? I didn't even get the chance to see the highly acclaimed movie Roar's Walking Fortress!

And all those hours I spent grinding on Battleframe and my diamond rank on Legion of Legends... all gone! How can anyone live like this!?

I flail and roll around in the wolf fur carpet spread throughout the cave. Their fluffy softness is the only thing keeping me somewhat entertained. Usually, I pass the time by playing with horned rabbit and its ball. We actually ended up inventing a form of makeshift soccer to play against each other.

How it goes is that horned rabbit and I each take a side of the cave, and each does their best to hit the ball to the opposite wall. While it may look unfair at first glance, we're actually really evenly matched. I may have a longer reach and more power behind my swipes, but rabbit is far more agile than I am. Surprisingly, horned rabbit is very competitive. Whenever I would score against it, it would get mad and quickly demand a rematch.

We've spent entire days in the cave doing nothing but playing with this makeshift game. I'm honestly amazed the ball is still intact and usable from all the abuse it's gotten. But today, horned rabbit is uninterested with playing with the ball. It's just laying around lazily and watching me from afar.

I continue to roll and spin around in an attempt to distract myself.

I want to do something already! It's sooo dull and booooring here! There's no funn.

Horned rabbit, entertain meee!

"Guaraouuu!"

I catch myself making such a weird sound and I snap out of my boredom high, returning to reality.

I can't believe I just did that. My unwarranted cry made horned rabbit look at me bewildered and deeply concerned.

Okay, I think it's time to leave and explore the forest. If I stay in this cave any longer, I feel like I might go insane.

I leap up from the fur carpet and head to the entrance of the cave. The rabbit, seeing me on the move, shakes the dust and dirt off its fur and follows after me. As usual, it hops on my tail and sits in its resting spot.

I couldn't decide on where to start walking, so I decided to leave it to chance and throw a stick in the air. Whatever the largest part of the stick points to is the direction I'll head in.

East. With a sigh, I begin my journey towards the given direction. It wasn't because I was disappointed. It's just that of all the times I've explored the area, there was nothing notable or interesting. It's just trees, trees, and more trees. It's still better than wasting away in the cave though.

I feel my boredom fade as I travel deeper into the forest. On the way, I become hungry and tear open a bitterbush.

Ever since I've eaten the wolf meat, the fruits have lost their impact. I've found a way to dry the wolf meat to preserve it by using firebreath, but now all my spare reserves are gone.