CHAPTER 27

It was the day of the ritual and everybody was wide awake at 7 in the morning. Kol compelled some humans for breakfast to relieve the tension in the room. Having enough of the silence, I decided to break it.

"You know what's stupid?" I asked them, "I know nothing about being a ruler,"

"Don't be ridiculous, love," Klaus said, "You'd be a fantastic Queen,"

"You're just happy 'cause you get to be King and get a kingdom," I said, rolling my eyes, "I mean, what kind of person would just drop the bomb on me like that without telling me how I'm supposed to rule it? Am I supposed to stay down there? Instead of getting to bond with her, I get an agent booking me for my next acting job,"

"Well, you're in luck," Demeter said, appearing in the doorway, "You get to spend the day with me,"

"Is this your thing?" I asked, "You popping on our doorstep without a call or text? There's such thing as a phone now,"

She narrowed her eyes at me and said, "Get dressed. I'll wait for you to get down,"

Grumbling, I flitted upstairs and changed into a sheer, laced black top and caramel suede skirt. 

I put on some ankle boots and flitted back downstairs, where everyone was waiting

"Cute," Demeter complimented, "Let's go,"

She walked out the door and Rebekah turned to look at me, "And here I thought she'd say no,"

"Me too," I said. I gave Klaus a peck on the lips and left, following Demeter in her car.

"I didn't know you use a car," I stated.

"I did pretend to be human for a while after all," She said.

"Couldn't you own a phone?" I asked.

"You know, handwritten letters have more meaning," She said, pulling out of the driveway.

"Where to?" I questioned.

"I think I saw a nice bar on the way here," She stated. Oh no. As I feared, we pulled up in Mystic Grill and I internally groaned as we went inside. The gang wasn't inside but Matt was one of the waiters. We slid in a booth and Demeter called over a waiter.

"Spaghetti and a vanilla milkshake," She said.

"Nachos and bourbon," I said, compelling him. The waiter walked away as Demeter gave me a look.

"Bourbon?" She questioned in disbelief.

"Don't act all motherly now," I sneered.

"I have had enough of your attitude," She snapped, "I know I've been gone for all your life and I just popped up now. I know I haven't been a great mother and I know what you've gone through. I'm sorry that I couldn't help you. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you. But I'm here now to make up for it,"

"Are you?" I spat, "Because the first thing you dumped on me was a stupid ritual. I didn't even get a chance to get to know you because we were too busy getting it done,"

"Because I thought this was how I was going to make it up to you," She admitted, "I thought by...by being Queen, by gaining powers that no one could ever beat, I would've made up for the times I didn't get to protect you,"

Tears pooled in my eyes and she grasped my hands that were on the table. I felt the tears running down my cheeks and I saw her crying as well.

"I'm so sorry," She apologized, "Once all this ritual bull is over, I promise to make up for lost time,"

I frantically nodded and moved to where she sat. I embraced her so tight, understanding what she meant. Understanding her intentions.

"I'm sorry for being such a bitch," I said through the tears. She embraced me back and caressed my hair.

"I love you so much," She whispered in my ear. I heard someone clear their throat and we look up to see the waiter with our orders. I wiped away the tears and moved back to where I sat, while the waiter was putting down our orders.

"So," I started as I chuckled, "I have a few questions about this Queen thing,"

"Ask away," She said, biting into her garlic bread.

"Klaus and I...we can't just up and leave Mystic Falls," I said.

"You don't have to," She stated, "You can rule the Underworld from here on earth. You just need to visit it every once in a while. Once the ritual is complete, your kingdom is basically with you. Wherever you go, it goes. Just a quick summon and a doorway will just appear. Now that Olympus has adjusted to the digital age, all you need is a TV,"

"How will I even get used to these powers?"

"I'll help you. I refuse to leave earth until you get the hang of everything,"

"So, I can live a normal life here still?"

"As normal as it gets,"

"I have yet to fulfill my revenge,"

"And gaining your powers will help you with that,"

"How come you're not against it?" I asked, curious.

"Because, you're my daughter. Whoever hurts you, hurts me too,"