Chapter 26

Chapter 26

-Ryan Fox-

 "Can we talk later?" Nima asked, rubbing his head. "By 'later' I mean after breakfast. My head is killing me, but not that much. I can always fit you in my schedule."

  "Um, thanks," I respond as I laid back on the sofa. We laid there in somewhat silence, which included random groans from Nima. However, as soon as Alyssa yelled about French Toast, Nima was in the kitchen.

  We all sat at the small wooden table on the other end of their small kitchen. Chewing and sipping filled the kitchen as we all ate our fill, not speaking in the process. I stared across from me to Matt and he just lifted a brow and shrugged. I couldn't tell if this was awkward or I was just making it awkward.

  "This hash is actually really good," Alyssa grinned before a spoonful entered her mouth. I internally thanked her for breaking the silence, but I still caught the hints of fatigue in her voice. "The mushrooms are a nice touch. Thanks for helping with everything."

  "Thanks," Matt shrugged. "It's no big deal though."

  I volunteered to do the dishes after we all finished breakfast. The plates seemed to scrub themselves as I worked and in no time I was finished. I ignored the headache that sat in the back of my head, thumping away like a marching band and shook away the slight dizziness in me. Back in the living room, Alyssa looked half asleep as she rested her head against Nima's shoulder. I let out a puff of air. I'm hopeless. She's way too good for me.

  "I hate to break the silence, but we need to go get Ryan's car; it's still at the club," Matt sighed.

  "Oh, yeah," Alyssa said, sitting up. "I completely forgot. I can drive you back to the club."

  "Wait, no. It's fine," I said as she furrowed her eyebrows at me, challenging me to defy her. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the corners of Matt's lips lift before he sits back down. "You look tired. I think you should just stay here and get some sleep."

  "No, driving with a hangover has just about the same effects as driving drunk," Alyssa said, her voice left not room for argument. "I'm driving."

  "What about the paps? I thought you don't want to be seen with me." 

  "It's a bit too late for that. I guess it doesn't bother me that much anymore and I'd rather be seen with you than take the chance of having you ruin someone's life. I don't care about the paps."

  "Well, who's going to drive my car?"

  Matt cut into our conversation, "I can."

  I didn't say anything after that and Alyssa grinned as she picked up the car keys. She walked out the door with her blonde head high as we all trailed along behind her.

><><><><

  "Nima, you wanna come with?" I asked as I slid out of the backseat of the gray Honda.

  "Go with you and Matt? Hell yeah," Nima grinned. The click of the seat belt was heard and Nima was going towards the backseat of my car.

  "I'll get him back to you later," I said to Alyssa with a grin. I internally scoff as I see her fingers playing with her necklace.

  "You can keep him," Alyssa said her voice light.

  "Please keep me!" Nima called from my car.

  "I'll get him back to you," I promised. "Go home and sleep. You need it."

  "Okay, and tell Matt to drive carefully," She sighed. 

><><><><

  I watched as Nima gazed around the interior of my home. A double staircase opened up my home leading to the second story. Thank god for my interior designer because without him, everything would look like a desert.