Chapter 24

I get off the plane shaking I've made it to New Orleans. What if Elijah isn't home? What if it's only Klaus there? What am I going to do if i come in contact with Hayley? Thank God, that I'm only vulnerable for 3 months. How hard can this be. 12 weeks. I've got to find a new place to live. A place of peace and not disaster. I don't know what Elijah's reaction would be to this pregnancy. I mean, he was happy about Klaus' baby but this time it's his own. All I'm going to say is that plane journey had impacted me a lot.

I walk near the nearest cab and tell them to drive to the French quarter. How am I going to tell him? Elijah, I'm .... No, I can't start of with that it would be suspicious. Oh crap, why is my life so messed up and complicated. Happiness can never happen in my life because someone always steals it or someone always ruins it. Sometimes I would just like to run away from my all troubles and never come back. Which is exactly what I'm going to do when I tell Elijah. Deep breadths. I can do this.

The car journey felt longer than I expected. Which was good. It gave me time to calm my nerves. To be honest, I don't even want to go there. I don't know what I would expect to happen. Hayley is probably they're number one priority and they would probably think I'm an attention seeker. I don't want for them to think about me in that way. You know what I'm not going to go anymore. Who am I kidding? I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't even attempt to know on their door.

I get out of the car and head for the door. I can't do this.

Elijah's P.O.V

"Klaus locked me in a house. When your wretched mother is out their trying to kill my baby!" Hayley says, "And you expect me to be calm!" She continues.
"I didn't know this was Niklaus' plan." I say to her reassuringly.
"Yet you still stick with him after everything he puts you through." Hayley says.
"He's my brother." I say.
"A brother who never allows you to have happiness." Hayley says.
"I haven't had happiness in a long time." I say now looking at her.

"Well maybe I could help with that." She says.
"How so?" I ask. Before she could say anything I pulled her in and kissed her. The best kiss I've ever had. Our lips moulded together perfectly.

Samantha's P.O.V

I was going to knock at the door but I decided to go around the house to see if anyone was there. Since I can't use my vampire hearing, I had to this the hard way. I reach the back then I saw a window then that's when I saw it. Elijah's hand above her waist and they were kissing. Elijah and Hayley were kissing. He lied. He wasn't here for his brother, he was here for her. Jealousy overwhelmed me and tears were going to spill out of my eyes. I couldn't tell him he doesn't deserve to know. I quickly left before they noticed me.

I hope you have a nice life Elijah. Why did I ever think this was going to work? That maybe we would be an actual husband and wife but nothing in my life ever goes to the way I want. This is why happiness never comes to me, it runs away from me. But maybe this baby will be my happiness. Where can I run off to now? London seems nice. I get my ticket and get out of here. They'll never see me again.