Chapter 19- The Beautiful Suspect

NOTE:

Okay guys, supposed to publish this chapter along with Chapter 20 and 21 over the next few days so you'll enjoy reading continuously without cliffhangers because I know the story has been dragging lately, but I accidentally published it a few hours ago, and apparently over a hundred people had read my "draft" and I felt so ashamed with all the paragraph breaks and unfinished sentences.
I unpublished it after 15 minutes, that's why a lot of you have problems opening this supposed to be updated. So I decided to just finish this today and publish the next 3 chapters on the next update.

And oh, one more thing, the updated list of the CAST can be found in the first part of this book. I added and changed some of the characters as a part of my revision of the first book.

Bella Thorne as Kimberly "Kim" Patterson's image attached above for your reference, but like what I have said, you are free to imagine whoever you want!

Enjoy!

🌹☘️🌹

XANDER'S POV

"Whoa, Dr. Alexander Greene visiting my house at midnight. Am I dreaming, or am I fucking dreaming?"

Kimberly always speaks as if she's always sleepy and drunk all the time, but the excitement in her face tells otherwise.

I am about to answer her when my eyes drop at her nasal septum.

They narrow in suspicion when I notice her nose-piercing ring...

That ring looks similar to the one Wayne saw in the parking lot a while ago.

Maybe it's just a coincidence, and you're just assuming things.

I lean in closer to her to take a better look at the ring but -

"Whoa," Kim holds her hand up as she waves her body away from me. "Easy, lover-boy. I haven't brushed my teeth yet."

The fuck is she talking about?

"Where is she?" I calmly ask her while taking a peek at the inside of her one-bedroom unit over her shoulder.

Seriously Dude? Do you really think she will hide Emily in her room? And what, they'll play pillow-fight or something?

"Oh, silly me. Come on in," she says, almost screaming as she opens the door wider for me, and I presume she wasn't able to hear my question. She might have thought that I want to come inside. "Sorry for the dog shit, wasn't able to clean them for a long while,"

The smell of cigarettes mixed with rotten pineapples or something envelopes my nose as I enter her apartment. I confirmed my presumption about her room when my eyes start to roam around. It looks spacious enough for a single person but quite messy for a girl.
I wince at the sight of a couple of dog shits scattered on her carpet. Ah, I now clearly remember her dog.

I step back upon seeing the St. Bernard in front of the television. It is sleeping peacefully with its sloppy huge tongue hanging out from its mouth. It is big enough to be my doggy bed, of course with the exaggeration, and it looks quite scary too, when awake, as I remember Kim walking him on the park when she tried to stalk me before after our one-night stand.

"Teddy misses you too." Kim assumes spontaneously.

I walk past her to ignore her and start to meander around her unit. One wall is covered with a white curtain which was vandalized with graffiti, creative I must admit but I cringe when I read what is written on it: "Kim is Love".