76 ~ happiness

You made your way back to the common room as one of the last students. Everyone went straight to bed. You walked towards the stairs.

'Y/N.'

You turned around and saw Pansy. Why was she talking to you.

'What?' You asked.

'I know you don't want to hear this. I know you hate me, I know that I must hate you but I don't.'

You looked at her in confusion. She didn't hate you? That was new.

'I know that you might not want to listen when I say this. But please just let me explain. Draco.. okay. This is about Draco. He isn't eating, he has nightmares, he's grumpy and he can't stop talking about you. He's so sorry but he doesn't dare to talk to you. He came back for you Y/N. For you and no one else. He doesn't want to finish his education. He doesn't care about that. He can back to show you that he loves you.'

You didn't even want to listen to this. It made you want to just forgive him for everything.. But you knew you couldn't.

'He made his choice Pansy. You have no idea how much he hurt me over the years.' You choked with tears in your eyes. 'I can't forgive him for that. I can't just run up to him and be all like: now everything is better because you're here.'

'Don't you love him?' Pansy asked you.

'I don't know. I'm trying to move on here. I didn't want him to come back for me. I'm very sorry that he is like this but I warned him. I hate it too to see him. I hate it to see him looking at me and longing to just talk to me. But I'm afraid that I'll get weak and I don't want to get hurt again.'

You walked up the stairs.

'Y/N there is no one else who loves him. Who can love him.'

You swallowed but kept walking. You couldn't let her get to you. You had to go. Pansy couldn't believe that that didn't work. But she knew that you loved him. She could see it. You were denying it. Pansy also walked away.

You sat down in the common room and sighed. Neville looked up from his book and looked at you.

'Are you okay?' He asked you.

'Pansy just talked to me.'

Neville sat down besides you. You looked at him.

'What did she say?'

'Apparently Draco is having nightmares.. he doesn't dare to talk to me.. apparently he came back for me and nothing else. She wants me to get back with him.'

'What do you want?'

You shrugged and sighed. Neville pulled in for a hug. You hugged him back and laid your head on his shoulder.

'Thank you for being here for me.' You spoke.

'No need to thank me.' He smiled. 'You also need someone. Hermione and Ginny are too busy with themselves and I think you're great.'

You smiled at him and got up.

'I'll see you tomorrow. I'm going to try to get some sleep.'

You walked up the stairs towards the girlsdorm..

-

The next day you were heading towards potions class. You didn't know that Pansy and Draco were walking behind you.

'Talk to her. Just try it.'

'She won't listen.' He sighed.

'Maybe she will. You have to try. You want her back, don't You?'

Neville didn't have potions so you were just waiting against the wall. Draco looked at you. Pansy pushed him forwards a bit. He slowly laid his hand on your shoulder.

You slowly looked up. Your eyes met Draco's. You couldn't help but feel things. Those eyes always looked at you. From up close he looked even more horrible.. But still beautiful. His grey eyes looked a little dull. His skin was even more pale then usual and the bags under his eyes couldn't be hidden. You couldn't keep your eyes off him.

'Uhm..  hey..' he said, a little awkward.

'Hey.' You just said.

'Listen I just.. I just want you to know that I just hope you're okay.' Draco spoke.

'I am.. I hope you're too.' You just said.

'Good enough.' He answered.

Neville then walked up to you. You smiled at him.

'Hi.' You smiled.

Draco looked at you two. He slowly let you go. You started talking to him. Neville just stopped by. He had a free period. Draco slowly walked back to pansy. He past her and just walked away. You watched him leave. You felt a little bad.

Pansy looked at you and then hurried after Draco. You felt horrible but focused back on Neville. You couldn't do this.. You couldn't be what he wanted you to be.

'Y/N?' Neville asked.

'I'm good.' You just said. 'What did you say?'

Neville didn't say anything. He just looked at you.

'You love him, don't you?' Neville asked you.

'I don't... know.' You sighed.

'Y/N.. I just want you to do what makes you happy. You know that right?'

'I don't want to get hurt again. I told you this.'

The door to the classroom opened. You stepped inside and sat down.

~

Draco walked back towards the common room. Pansy grabbed his wrist and stopped him. He turned around and looked at her.

'You talked to her. I'm proud.'

'Shut up.' He sighed while leaning against the wall.

'Why did you walk away?'

Draco didn't say anything. He just looked at the floor. He laid the side of his head against the wall as well.

'Draco?'

'She happy with Neville.'

'They aren't together Draco.'

'She's happier without me. I don't want to stand in her way. If she wants to be with someone else then she should be.'

Pansy walked closer to Draco and slapped him across the face. Draco gulped in surprise and laid his hand on his painful cheek.

'Get your shit together Draco. Why are you defeated so easily?! I spoke to her okay..i saw that she still loves you, I know she does. You just have to win her back.'

'First of all, ouch! Second off all, this is about Y/N. I value her happiness above me. Pansy it's nice that you're trying to help me but I think it's over.'

'It's not! She was actually talking to you! This isn't over. It's not supposed to be over Draco. She's the only one in this cruel world who can possibly love you. If you give up, you came here for nothing.'

'You're the only one who wants this to work.' Draco sighed.

'I'm not. You do too.'

Draco sighed and headed back to the potions classroom. Class already started when he entered the room. He just joined the group, standing besides you. You kept your eyes on the teacher, not willing to get distracted by him. Draco glanced at you. This was going to be a long year..