Chapter 3: Back to School

Ah, Ya Allah!

Today is Monday right?  I checked my bedside table to confirm and it WAS Monday. I rushed out of the bed frantically and rushed to the bathroom to have my bath and afterwards performed my ablution.

Upon getting back to my room, it's already time for the Fajr prayer so I pray and read my Quran thereafter for about 30 minutes. Looking at the clock, it reads six thirty-five.

"Well I still have time." I think to myself. 

About fifteen minutes later, I went to the closet to pick an outfit and after much debating with yours truly or should I say, my subconscious, I finally settled on a black hijab and a blue abaya. 

"Not too bad right?

"Not too bad right?. I wonder if this is even allowed."

"I still think the red dress and black scarf is better. You're going to get stared at all day." my subconscious still persists at the back off my mind.

"Oh, shut up! I'll just end up getting late on the first day. So much for first impressions." I mutter angrily and roll my eyes. 

Yep! There you have it. I sometimes think I'm crazy with the way I relate with my subconscious. 

I pack my backpack  and quickly go downstairs to fix a breakfast for myself. Hurriedly, I make myself a cup of coffee and grab a muffin from the fridge and heat it in the microwave. After eating my breakfast I go to my my parents room to greet them.

I quietly knock on the door in order not to wake the other people sleeping in their rooms and that is basically aunty Amina only, because Junayd is already up preparing for school and as for Hamza, I can confidently say that he is seriously getting on Junayd's nerves. Lol

"Hamzaaaa!!, where are my shoes?. "

"Not going to tell you unless you beg for it."

So there you have it. I'm pretty much sure now that the whole house is very much awake with their yelling and bickering.

"Come in yawu." my mom calls out from the other side of the door, using her nickname for me.
"Asalamu Alaykum mama, how did you know it was me?." I question my mom who was sitting on the floor with her back resting on the side of the bed. 

My dad on the other hand was in dreamland, snoring every now and then to show he was really having fun where ever he was because obviously, the racket going on hadn't woken him up.

"Well..... I can hear your brother and Junayd loud and clear from here and Amina  just left here a few mins ago saying she was gong to rest a bit. So you're the only one left."

"Oh, okay. Nice one mama, you're a genius." I reply sitting down next to her.

"I know that already yawu."she says with a smug tone in her voice.

"Don't flatter yourself mama."

"Okay." she says her face becoming serious. "I  really hope you don't have any trouble fitting in because of your hijab." she tells me, the creases along her forehead becoming more pronounced.