Become Human

《Detroit: Become Human AU!》

{Deviant! Keith x Android! Reader}

(WARNING!: This content may not be suitable for certain audiences)

Artist: Elentori

       "You stupid piece of plastic!"

"Ban all Androids! They're taking our jobs!"

      Ever since I was purchased from Cyber-Life, I was despised by humans no matter what I did. Even my purchaser would treat me badly, pushing me around, calling me slurs, and sometimes I would loose parts from them being too harsh on me. I didn't understand why they would use me as a punching bag than a AX-400 prototype. I was used to being mistreated, many human beings didn't understand  that us androids knew that it was unjust and unnecessary.  

           Of the two years of being with my possessor, I was sent back to Cyber-Life almost every month, some for minor damage but most for major. I felt useless every time I was shoved, punched, and threatened; I couldn't fend for myself or I would've been labeled as a Deviant. 

     Speaking of which, Deviants became a phenomenal subject in most news reports, They were androids that deserted their posts and turned their backs on their possessors. They became known to rebel against the human race. I knew I couldn't become a Deviant because of the harsh lifestyle to face protesters around every corner to beat you to a pulp, or the enforcement's looking to find you to deactivate you, being a Deviant was like being labeled as the Devil.

      So I stayed and followed my orders, despite being assaulted almost every day, I had gotten used to it, however I couldn't control the nagging option I had to defend myself sometimes. I knew I had to fight against it otherwise I would become a Deviant, which was not what I wanted. Every single day was the same, make breakfast, tidy up the household, prepare lunch, wash clothes, and then supper. Everyday was the same except Wednesday. 

      Wednesday became one of my personal favored days of the week, I would be granted permission to leave the property and retrieve groceries. I know it was merely another task but, going outside to walk to the super market was one of my favorite activities. In the two years spent living in the same neighborhood, I knew almost every crack in the sidewalk, where to go and where not to go. The children who would play in the front yards were always so generous, waving a hello or running up to me to hand me a dandelion in their little hands.

      The LED light on my temple always flashed yellow as I strolled, hums of whirring and clicks resounding. I would always wonder if life was better before us androids came into existence, was life more peaceful? Or was everything still divided? 

       I made it to an empty intersection and looked both ways before crossing, the streets were surprisingly not full of protesters or congested traffic. I checked the forecast which didn't really come to my surprise when I saw that there was going to be light showers in an hour or two, so I had to hurry and retrieve groceries so I could beat the rain. 

      Upon crossing the street and walking on the sidewalk, a figure ran into me from behind, making me stumble. I turned around and saw a male, slightly taller than I, he appeared human -noting that his LED was missing- however my brief scan told me otherwise.

    He was a Deviant.

    In a situation like this, it was normal to contact the enforcement, however a part of me told me not to.