Pregnant

John was your rock. If it weren't for him, your life in Small Heath would've been a complete shamble. You two had suffered two miscarriages in the past year and it hurt. Nothing ever destroyed your relationship more than that.

But you two overcame the negatives and stuck together. Two hours ago you had taken a visit to the doctors only to be told you were pregnant again. It scared you but you were extremely happy.

"And what's got you so chuffed?" Ada asked, taking a puff from her cigarette. But before you could reply to her, she was talking again.

"You're pregnant." You couldn't help the grin that stayed on your face.

"That I am." You took a sip from the brewed tea that she had prepared. None of the boys were in sight, hence why nobody knew about your news.

"I reckon girl." She told you, reaching for both her and your coats.

"And what makes you think that?" You asked her.

"Something in my heart Y/N." She chuckled. Both of you headed out of the house and towards the Garrison where the boys normally were. Everyone moved out of your way, for they feared ever wanting to step near Shelby's. It was your reputation that made them scared.

"No more fights while your with child Y/N." She warned you.

"You're younger than me Ada, I'll fight battles that need to be fought." You told her and she rolled her eyes.

"Ah the infamous Shelby's." Harry immediately brought out his finest wine.

"That won't be necessary. Is my man in here?" You asked and he pointed to the usual spot behind the wall.

"Did I even have to ask?" You whispered to yourself.

"You don't want a wine Mrs Shelby?" He questioned, shocked that you hadn't already reached for a glass.

"I'm good Harry. Can't have my baby being intoxicated with that filth." His lips formed into a smile.

"Congratulations Mrs Shelby." You rolled your eyes, opening the door to where the men were.

"For the millionth time Harry, I'm Y/N. Ain't gotta be formal with me just cause I'm a blinder." You reminded him. Ada went off and did her own thing.

"And there's me beautiful wife." John admired, getting up and kissing you.

"Alright Johnny boy, nobody wants to see the poor girls face chewed off." Arthur joked, drinking his whiskey.

"Very funny brother." He said sarcastically.

"Before you carry on with whatever you lot were talking about. I need to announce something." John raised an eyebrow and sat down.

"This is when she says she's packing up and leaving me." John joked.

"She'd never do that." Tommy muttered at his idiot of a brother.

"I know she wouldn't. Me girl ain't no whore." John raised his glass.

"John I'm pregnant." You told him, knowing you wouldn't be able to get a word out if you didn't say it sooner. Arthur dropped his glass, allowing it to smash into a million pieces.

"You're what?" He asked, standing up again.

"I'm pregnant. You're the dad obviously." You laughed. He took off his hat and lifted you into the air.

"Heard you the first time babe. Fucking hell I love you." He kissed you again.

"Well I guess my congratulations are in order." Arthur hugged you.

"Cheers Arthur." You grinned. Tommy for once in his life copied the actions of his older brother and also hugged you.

"Everybody listen!" John shouted, opening the door and getting the attention of all the people in the bar. They all silenced, intimidated by his sudden outburst.

"I'm gonna be a dad." The room burst into cheers and claps and John wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

"I'm gonna be a fucking dad."