Chapter 124: Secrets Can't Be Kept

"A chance to bring both androids and humans together." Kamski spoke with no emotion as Tasha stood from the chair, confusion written all over her face.

"How is that possible? Connor can't have kids. He's... he's an Android!"

"DNA, amazing isn't it? So many layers and codes to an individual." Kamski pauses for a moment. "A strand of DNA is what creates us all, yet it is through one gene and one later that changes it all. An X and a Y, two letters set to pair off who we are. We are such interesting beings, aren't we? But how does it differentiate between Androids and Humans? All it takes is one slight variant, and something incredibly interesting happens."

"Interesting?!" Tasha was slightly offended by his choice of words. "But... but I thought that the semen was artificial. There for pleasure not... this!"

Kamski chuckled lightly, "That is the truth, however it seems that Connor, being the most advanced CyberLife has ever created, is the first whose DNA has written itself different. Now, I don't know everything, this is just a theory.... Connor was the very first model implemented with human DNA. It's a tiny trace of it, minuscule in fact, but it appears it has become more apart of him as time has passed."

Tasha shook her head as she gazed at her stomach. Kamski wheeled his chair away as he stood. "Tasha, this doesn't have to be a bad thing. It's all about your perspective."

"Perspective?" Tasha sighed, "I'm happy! I am... I just..."

"You worry what your dear Connor would say." Kamski's eyes watched her closely, "You two are in love. Why wouldn't he be happy?"

Tasha's eyes widened slightly as she reached for his arm. "Kamski— Elijah, please. Don't tell anyone."

Kamski looked at the girl a moment, his expression even. "Now why would you want to keep such a thing from the Android you love so deeply?"

"I'm not going to keep it from him, but I need time to process. Please, Elijah."

Kamski smiled, the same smile he had on his face when Connor didn't shoot his android. "Alright."

As soon as Tasha got into her car, she broke down crying. She didn't know if it was from fear or joy. Maybe both. I'm pregnant?! How can I— I don't understand!

Tasha's phone rang loudly, and when Tasha reached for it she broke down a little more as she saw it was Connor.

Oh fuck, what do I do?! What do I do?!

Tasha collected herself the best she could before answering. "Hey Connor. Is everything alright?"

"Yes, everything is fine. You've been gone an awfully long time so I wanted to make sure you were safe."

"Oh — yes! I'm okay! Just — picking up the last of the things we need."

"Tasha, don't —"

"Connor, the reception is really bad here! I'll be home soon!"

She hung up the phone, sighing deeply as she arrived at the store.

•••

When Tasha arrived home from the store, she immediately brought in as many bags as she could. While usually she'd let Connor do it, she felt it only right she do it now, because there was a possibility she wouldn't do any heavy lifting in the future.

Connor opened the door for her, grabbing the bags from her hands. "You should've let me, Tasha."

She smiled slightly, unable to meet his gaze. "I'm sorry, I just thought it was easier this way."