Chapter 1

"Now boy, I do not want a single peep out of you or so help me you will get it later." Vernon Dursley said in a low crude tone his eyes squinting.

"Yes sir." A young Harry obeyed running up the staircase. If only he could use magic and escape this place. 1 month one more month until he could go back home. His true home; Hogwarts. He flopped onto his bed sighing as he watched the ceiling fan.

His owl, Hedwig, watched him with wide curious eyes. Ginny passed through his mind. After everything that happened last year.

I hope she's okay, he thought. He sat down at his small wooden desk and started writing a letter.

Ginny,

I was just checking in on you after all the horrible stuff that happened with Riddle and the chamber last year. How are you doing? How has your summer been? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!
-Harry

He tied the letter to his snowy owl's leg and let her out to fly.

"Bring this to Ginny Weasley," he said before opening the window. She chirped in response and nuzzled his face before flying out the window.

"Potter!" His uncle came storming up the stairs.

Trembling, Harry backed back into the corner of his room as the door flung open. His uncle stood there purple-faced with the vein in his forehead popping out.

"Did I just see your owl fly out your window with a letter attached to its leg?" He questioned his voice like venom.

"Yes Sir," Harry replied cursing himself for not checking to see if his uncle was outside before sending Hedwig out.

"And are you allowed to let your owl out of its cage?"

"No, Sir."

"And are you allowed to send letters to any of your freak friends!" He asked yelling at this point.

"No, Sir," Harry said trying to stop shaking.

"Then tell me why did I just see your owl!"

Harry stood there at a loss for words.

"Answer me when I ask you a question boy!"

"S-she needed to get food," Harry replied hastily.

The next few moments seemed to flash before the boys' eyes. His uncle quickly approached him and punched him across the face causing him to fall and slam his head on the corner of his desk. A round of kicks to his side followed and it wasn't long before the orphaned boy slipped into unconsciousness.

Severus Snape was a quiet man. He ran his routines and did his job all without much conversation. He was known to keep to himself and most importantly he never had visitors. That's why a thump at his door late in the afternoon startled him.

Grumbling something about not wanting to buy Girl Scout cookies he stalked to his front door.

Looking out the large oak door at first he didn't see anything only when he looked down he says the frame of a familiar boy crumpled on the ground of his front porch. The boy had a large gash across his face and several bruises on his arms, legs, and stomach that was exposed from ill-fit clothing. Hurriedly Severus picked up the boy and brought him inside wondering why he was at his house out of any other place on earth. He placed the boy onto his couch next to his unfinished afternoon tea and rushed to grab several potions. The first one was for blood replenishment, the second was for any internal bleeding the boy might've ensured and finally the last one was for repairing a head injury that was not far from belief with the size of the gash on his head. After whispering Episkey over all the cuts and bruises he had he then left the boy to sleep. Still wondering how in the world Harry Potter managed to appear on his doorstep.