30: Leigh

30: Leigh

            Leigh's heart was racing as she stood outside The Queue. She was finally going to meet Noah. It was winter and so it got colder and darker earlier, her jacket not providing enough warmth to block the harsh wind. She wanted to go inside, but she was nervous.

            It's Noah, you love Noah.

            She exhaled and watched as her breath materialised in front of her before pushing off the wall of the café and walking inside. As soon as the door swung shut behind Leigh, she took in her surroundings, stomach twisting. There were a few people sitting by desks, typing on laptops, reading books, and talking to friends over one last coffee for the night.

            Leigh just stood by the entrance. She was looking for Noah. But it was hard when all she had memorised was the outline of his shoulders and jaw. She took a couple of tentative steps into the café and slowly pulled off her scarf, searching the unfamiliar faces that surrounded her.

            Then she saw him.

            The boy with the glasses and the messy hair who sat three seats behind her at the library. The boy with the stubble on his chin and the strong jaw and the broad shoulders. The boy who made her heart race and stomach squeeze and breath quicken. The boy who gave her book recommendations and mixtapes and notes.

            The boy she was in love with.

            He was walking towards her, with the widest smile, a purpose in his steps and suddenly, she wasn't nervous anymore. But before she could say anything, he took one last step, gently took her face in his hands and kissed her. It was soft and wonderful and addictive. He was much taller, but the way they fit together when they kissed, was undeniably perfect.

            Then he broke away, his smile mirroring hers as he said, "Hi, Leigh. I'm Noah.