A Study In Pink Part 2

"Why didn't I think of that?" John wondered as Sherlock concluded how he had found Jennifer Wilson's suitcase.

"Because you're an idiot." Sherlock said bluntly. "No, no don't be like that, practically everyone is."

There was a knock at the front door, and the two men could hear Mrs. Hudson exclaiming happily after she opened it.

"But not everyone..." Sherlock thought aloud.

Very suddenly, the detective was out of his seat and rushing down into the foyer. Mrs. Hudson shouted "Sherlock!" He reappeared almost as fast as he left, bringing Evelyn with him. John gave her a sympathetic smile.

"Made a decision then, Dr. Watson?" She teased in greeting.

"We'll see how this night goes." He replied.

Her gaze traveled over to where the pink case lay. She smiled, unsurprised. Sherlock perched once again on his chair.

"You certainly don't disappoint, Mr. Holmes." She said. "Was it in there?"

Sherlock smirked slightly. "Afraid not."

"Was what in there?" John asked, feeling as though the two were speaking in code.

"Her phone." Eve clarified, moving further into the room and shedding her coat. "There wasn't a phone on the body and it's not in the case."

"Who did I just text?" John asked.

Evelyn observed the two in interest. Her mother had spoken highly of Sherlock, and she already got along with John. She hoped that the future would hold excitement should she succeed in befriending them.

John's phone rang.

"Have you talked to the police?" John asked in concern as Sherlock got up.

"She's here, isn't she?" Sherlock said, gesturing to Eve.

Evelyn laughed, putting her coat back on. "I do have a badge and everything..."

Sherlock smirked. A few moments later they were flying out the door crying promises of being back later to a very confused Mrs. Hudson.

"Think, who is unnoticed wherever they go? Who hunts in the middle of a crowd?" Sherlock asked as the three of them walked towards Northumberland Street.

"I dunno, who?" John asked.

"I haven't the faintest." Sherlock guided them into a little restaurant and bar on the corner.

John muttered something about getting a pint, wandering off and aiming a smile at the bar tender wearing a very tight strappy top. Eve chuckled at his flirty antics, but Sherlock's gaze was glued to something out the window as the pair sat down.

"22 Northumberland St. Keep your eyes on it." Sherlock instructed.

"Do you think he'll try to go inside? He must be smarter than that."

"He has killed four people." Sherlock reminded.

A large man with a beard and ponytail came over to the table with a large smile. He placed two menus down and shook the detective's hand.

"Sherlock," He greeted warmly. "Anything you want off the menu free. On the house for you and your date."

Evelyn looked up in surprise and blushed. "I'm not his-we aren't-"

Sherlock seem utterly unphased by the mistake, not bothering to correct his friend. "Do you want to eat?" He asked her.

"This man got me off a murder charge." The waiter said appreciatively.