Dílseach: A Forgotten Crown [1st in General/Historical Fiction]

"Fingal glanced frantically at the land that stretched away behind him, at the beautiful green rolling hills of his beloved country, Scotland."

-_ ✳︎ _- ⌘ -_ ✳︎ _- 

-_ ✳︎ _- -_ ✳︎ _- 

[Italics are me (the interviewer), and bold is CelticWarriorQueen17 (the interviewee)]

I N T E R V I E W    T O O K    P L A C E :  A P R I L    2 0 1 8

Before I start, how are you today? How was your vacation? xx

Thank you! I'm doing well; vacation was great. 😄

That's great! Now, this interview will consist of ten questions, five of those being unique to this interview. What inspired you to write your story? xx

I was inspired partly by Rosemary Sutcliff's books, (which for those that don't know, she was a British novelist who wrote books set in Britain from the Roman occupation to late Medieval ages) and also Douglas Bond's "Crown and Covenant" series, which is about the Scottish Covenanters. 

So you would say that you aspire to these authors? xx

Oh yes, most definitely!

Haha, so what are you up to at the moment? What do we have to look forward to from you?  xx

Currently, I'm working on going through the third edit of my novel, "Dilseach - A Forgotten Crown", and then updating various LOTR fanfictions. Since I'm doing Camp NaNo this month (April/May), I hope to release an Adventure story titled, "The Mark of the Sea Lord", by May. (But) I'm mainly focusing on editing Dilseach. 

Can you tell us a bit about "The Mark of the Sea Lord"?  xx

It's actually based entirely on a dream I had once, but then the details elaborated to make an interesting story. Its starts out (not including the prologue lol) as this girl travelling to another country as part of a marriage arrangement. When she arrives, she finds everything is not as it seems. There's this sea lord, Lugh, who brands young children between the ages of thirteen and eighteen with this mark, especially children born with certain powers. These children have a certain period of time to learn the "aerth nalion", which is three words or the "true name" of themselves, Lugh, and the one they love most in life, and they must say those words before their time runs out or else they will forever be cursed to become a sea-ghost and slave to Lugh. The story is about the main character, Gwendolyn, who escaped, as it were, from Lugh and who must help another do so.