19| M a s o n

I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
I don't know why I instigate
And say what I don't mean
I don't know how I got this way
I know it's not alright
So, I'm breaking the habit
I'm breaking the habit
Tonight

- Breaking the habit, Linkin Park

19| Mason

The moment Mason and Evelyn got down from the jeep in the school parking lot all eyes were on them. Mason did not give a damn. He strode towards the hallway and Evelyn was already ahead of him. From the moment, Mason had made it clear that he would not leave her alone, she had stopped talking. Mason hadn't said anything either. They sat in silence during the rest of the drive.

He reached his locker and Evelyn was stood there with a company by her side. Someone he loathed from the deep inside of his soul.

Alex Harrington.

He was the kid who's life was messed up with divorced parents and dodgy family business. He had shits to go through but yet, he made sure everyone else who was around him was suffering too. He took joy by making people suffer.

He was the same guy who was evil enough to spread rumors about his sister, Mallory to the extreme, coated with layers of lies which was the ultimate destruction of her reputation in this school. Mason had no choice but to sent her away. He could not take it anymore.

"Hey, Evelyn." Alex said with his venomous voice, completely ignoring Mason's death glare. He was leaning against the locker beside Evelyn's.

Evelyn who already seemed disturbed looked up at him.

"I was wondering if I could get your number." Alex said with a knowing smirk, trying to look charming in his facade.

Mason felt his ears getting hot. His fingers clenched in a fist with his nails digging in his palm.

"I don't use phone." Evelyn lied without batting an eyelash and looked away to her backpack.

"Oh. No problem." He was still smirking and Mason was counting numbers in order to cool himself. It was not the right time.

"You can just give me your address, so I can pay a visit. " Alex winked.

Mason gritted his teeth and Evelyn looked up at him raising an eyebrow and then glanced at Alex.

"I live in space. You are welcomed to come anytime." She said with a straight face and threw her backpack over her shoulder.

"Haha. The sarcasm." Alex fake laughed. "You are funny and smart, Evelyn. "

Mason's skin crawled seeing his laugh. He breathed heavily counting the seconds he would wait till doing something horrible like ruining the map his smug face.