CHAPTER 28

That night, we were gathered in the Mikaelson's backyard, waiting for the rest of the Olympians to arrive. There was a bonfire in the middle and I was wearing the dress and crown Aphrodite sent me. My mother was between us and Klaus was facing me. The rest of the Mikaelson's were on the side, waiting for something to happen.

"What's taking them so long?" I groaned.

"There was a lover's quarrel," I heard a familiar voice say. I turned to where the voice came from and there stood Apollo with (I'm assuming) the rest of the family.

"Aphrodite, what did I say about provoking Ares?" Demeter asked, annoyed as she turned to the blonde wearing a pink dress.

"It's not my fault he wouldn't wear the jacket I made him!" Aphrodite whined

"It was cotton," Said the male wearing a leather jacket and a scar under his left eye.

"Not to be rude, but we have a ritual to perform?" Kol butted in

"Of course," Demeter stated. She gave the 12 Olympians a look and they all surrounded us in a circle, with them facing us. I inhaled and looked at Klaus, a nervous look in my eye.

"Don't be scared, love," Klaus reassured, "I'm right here with you,"

I nodded and signaled my mother to begin. She recited a few Greek words and the fire grew bigger. After which, she pulled out a dagger and sliced her hand, letting it drip in the fire. The fire turned red as she handed me the dagger. I sliced my own palm and did the same thing. Now, the fire turned blue and I awed at the sight.

"What's your chosen item?" She asked me. I held out my non-bleeding palm to Klaus and he placed the wolf necklace on my hand, "Throw it in the fire,"

I did as I was told and the fire turned green. She took the dagger from me and let the fire heat up the blade. She handed it back to me as fire flickered on the blade itself.

"I won't die, sweetheart," Klaus said as I faced him.

"Once you stab Klaus with the dagger, he'll catch on fire. Don't be alarmed, it'll only take a few seconds. Persephone, never take your hand off the dagger until I tell you to. Understand?" I nodded. Klaus grabbed by hand and gripped it tight. Demeter nodded and, with all my strength, stabbed the love of my life. Klaus caught on fire and he started screaming. Demeter started to chant and my hands feel like they're burning. Klaus still gripped my hand and both of us were screaming in pain. Suddenly, my body felt like it was on fire. Demeter's chanting grew louder and my grip on the dagger was slipping.

"Stop!" Demeter shouted and I removed the dagger from Klaus. We both fell to the ground, kneeling and breathing heavily. I looked at him and he had a glow surrounding his figure. I looked up and noticed there was a gold sheen surrounding us. I saw the Olympians with their eyes closed and I realized they were protecting us. I turned to Klaus and I held his face in my hands.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. He nodded as he looked at me.

"Love..." He muttered.

"Yes?"

"You're glowing," He stated. I looked at him confused and saw my hand had the same glow as he did. I looked up at my mother and saw her smiling and tears in her eyes.

"It's done," She said, her smile reaching from one ear to the other, "How do you feel?"

"Better," I replied as I felt a tingling sensation. Klaus and I stood up and we looked at each other with a smile. He grabbed my face and smashed his lips against mine. Our lips moved in perfect sync and I felt warmth spread my whole body.

"Yo! We're still here!" I heard Apollo shout. Klaus and I pulled away and looked at him annoyed.

"Did you have to ruin the moment?" I asked him.

"Yes," He responded, "It's time for you to meet the family,"