4. Crush

"This is bad..." Serin fumbles around her tousled hair once more. "Really bad."

"What's so bad?" a voice from behind sent her nerves to a shock. Serin turns back to see Mr Jeon at the entrance of the gym storeroom; the light hitting his features almost too otherworldly to be true. Her gym teacher was way too good looking; maybe even comparable to the attractiveness of Mr Park whom previously wrecked her heart left and right.

"Nothing... I've arranged the basketballs." Serin gulps, pulling down her gym shorts that were awkwardly too short— her thighs were exposed for everyone to see. Mr Jeon averts his eyes to her thighs, before looking up at her face hurriedly; a pink flush overtaking his entire face.

"Mr Jeon, I heard that you were a student athlete. Why become a gym teacher?" Serin questions as the young boy approaches, studying the basketballs much too carefully. She could feel his nervousness as he conversed with her. "My dream job was a teacher...a basketball coach." Mr Jeon shyly explains, tossing a basketball slightly in his hand.

"Nevermind that, it's time for our session....okay?" the boy remarks with a hint of question; as if asking her for approval. Serin breaks into laughter, nodding her head to confirm that class had started. Somehow or another, the sight of her smile sent Jungkook's heart to a pounding mess. Or was it that he was alone with a girl? He didn't understand his feelings at the moment, so he decides to stir his mind to focus on the current matter.

"We'll do basketball today. Get one and meet me out at the court." He instructed in a soft voice, averting his eyes away from hers.

When Serin walks back to the basketball court, she witnesses Mr Jeon shooting perfect scores on the hoop. It seemed almost effortless, even. It was clear at that point in time that Jungkook was an expert in various sports; especially basketball. However, her attention was soon diverted to his sweaty abs that were showing through the translucent white shirt he was wearing. Oh my god, was all she could think at that moment.

Soon enough, Mr Jeon caught sight of the girl standing at the perimeter of the court, observing him. He makes up his mind to do another perfect shot; showing her his skills. Jungkook rolls up his sleeves, before expertly dunking the ball into the hoop. A satisfied smile creeped up his lips when he observes Serin's surprised expression.

"Want to know how to shoot?" Jungkook asks excitedly as he runs towards her. Serin nods.

"Okay, twist your wrist like this, and aim at the hoop with your eyes." Jungkook envelopes her in a backhug as he carefully places his hands over hers, showing how to do it.

Eventually, even without Jungkook's help, Serin was able to do multiple perfect shots. Jungkook was standing  by the sidelines to—initially— study her posture; but his eyes automatically diverted to the revealing gym attire that she was wearing, sending him a weird feeling in his system. The way the attire hugs around her curves, Jungkook couldn't resist glancing every now and then. Why was he feeling so weird all of a sudden? He couldn't find an answer; but all he knew was that there was a funny twist his his stomach just being in the same radius as Serin.

"I must be sick." Jungkook muttered to himself as he tries to calm the pounding in his chest.