Forty Six

"So you're just going to ignore your daughter now are you, dear mother?" Mal said from behind Grey, who was trying to get down the trapdoor, but had been stopped by Maleficent, with hints of sarcasm. Maleficent spun around.

"Of course not, my nasty little girl." Grey took the chance and left through the trapdoor.

"I see that you're no longer a lizard, mother." Mal said, crossing her arms after making sure Grey had gotten through.

"Yes darling." She stepped closer. "See, after my own flesh and blood betrayed me for Beasty Boy and just dumped me in the Isle, I got some unexpected help! Uma will be just as glad to see you as me."

"Uma doesn't know I'm here and she's not going to find out." Mal said firmly, glancing behind her at Ben.

"How are you so sure? She finds out everything, and you know that."

"Because we aren't going to be here much longer."

"But Mal," Maleficent smirked evilly as Gothel and Stabbington stood by her sides. "I would have thought you'd like to spend some time with your mother."

"Mom, I'm not you. I'm different, I have a new life in Auradon. It's more than just stealing, wreaking havoc and making people cry. Ben helped me see that. Each one of them did." Mal explained, smiling back at everyone stood behind her.

"That's too bad. Because you're not going back." with a flick of Maleficent's wrist, the door slammed shut. "You and your friends and your idiot boy toy are staying here."

"What?!" Mal exclaimed. "You can't do that!"

"I can and I am. Unless you want to stop me. But you won't succeed."

"Oi I did say I wasn't gonna take orders from you before you held a bloody knife to my throat. So I say we put up a fight." Maddie commented.

"Maddie this is Maleficent we're talking about. And I don't want to risk you being hurt again." Jay said.

"So what? And she didn't actually hurt me sooooooo." Maddie shrugged.

"Well I'm not willing to give in that easy, mother." Mal spat.

"I've had enough. Stabbington, restrain her. " Maleficent said in a bored tone and the big man began to move forward to Mal, who quickly reacted and kicked Stabbington's stomach, knocking him to the ground.

"Like I said, not that easy." she stepped back.

"What? Your boy toy too weak to step in?" Maleficent mocked.

"Mal is perfectly capable of fighting her own fights. Besides, I'd probably get kicked myself." Ben said.

"I'm not a damsel in distress mother. Neither of us are that weak." Mal scoffed.

"Or is he a coward like his father? Acting brave but once he had to fight a guy smaller than him he almost died." Maleficent continued. "After all I don't see any muscle."

"Don't continue. Leave Ben alone. This is between you and me. Don't involve him." Mal snapped, grabbing Maleficent's wrist. "I won't let you criticise him because you think he stole me away from the evil side of things. I came away myself, he just helped me along the way."

"He did steal you from me!" The older woman shrieked. "And now he shall pay! Stabbington!" she smirked. "Kill him!"

"No!" Mal exclaimed, standing in front of Ben. "I'm not going to let you do that!" she turned around. "You need to get out of here now."

"I am not leaving you here, Mal." Ben said.

"Ben... I'm not having you-" Mal was cut off by a loud thud from behind. She turned around to see Stabbington face-down on the floor, a black boot by him.