Chapter 2

What has happened to Bryan Dechart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"... Okay... what happened last night?" You looked at Hank with a deadpan look of the century. Through the glass, you could see the interrogation room, which contained a bloody android who had a nervous expression plastered on his face—a deviant. Dried blood stained his face and clothes. Every part of him seemed to be in terrible shape— especially his arms.

What confused you the most was his eyes— his artificial eyes... the supposed, robotic sensor that allows androids to see and access the situation properly... it became the window to his new found emotions. They were filled with desolation, fear, and if you look a little further, you can see rage— rage that has been building up over the times it has been mistreated and abused. You could see the pain and suffering in the eyes of this android.

You never noticed that small detail in your work. You never noticed how... alive deviants seemed to be. You never noticed how realistic can they become.

He was the killer of last night's case— killer of Carlos Ortiz, as far as you know from scanning the files.

Though, realizing that the android in another room looked so alive is one thing.... having to witness an android next to your partner is another. It was the android who you met yesterday.

Huh, so he didn't kill Hank yet..

"Don't ask..." he grumbled, knowing that your question was more about the android beside him than the case. You all stood there as the others prepared for the interrogation.

"Lieutenant Anderson was at a bar, just like you said. Though, I had to go to four different bars before finding him. I managed to convince him to come with me to the crime scene," the android said. Memories of last night seemed to irk the lieutenant beside him.

"Oh piss off, will ya?" Hank glared at the android, the spiteful glance was thrown at you for a split second (probably because you told the android about his whereabouts), but the hatred was mostly towards the android. "I was having the time of my life until this tin can forced me to go."

The android looked Hank, seemingly confused, as he tilted his head, "I am not made out of tin, Lieutenant, I'm made out of p—"

"Don't try to go science on me like what you did on the whole car ride last night," Hank turned himself away from the android, as if he decided to ignore the android. Typical.

"I won't, but may I have to remind you, Lieutenant. I offered you a free drink. I did not force you, you went there at your—"

"Don't you ever shut up??" Not even a minute in the room and Hank was already annoyed and stressed. He pinched the bridge of his nose out of frustration. "Just... let's just get the introduction over with so we can go and solve the case."

Well, I supposed it was for the best. It seemed that this android would be here for a while, and you're not about to address him as "the android" the whole time.

"Anyways, this—" Hank pointed at you, ignoring the fact that doing so counts as rude, "—is (Y/n). Police detective... sorta bossy... yeah."

"(Y/n) (L/n). Pleased to meet you," You nodded, ignoring Hank's statement. You gave him a rather awkward salute, unsure if you're supposed to give a handshake to an android or not. "Though, I'm sure you already know me considering you addressed me by my name yesterday which... what was that about anyways?"

He perked up and began to explain, "I scanned you to get your information in order to see if my assumption was correct about the fact that you work here. Apologies if I made you uncomfortable."