Chapter 2: Here We Go

First, WHAT THE FUCK?! I'm 99% positive I said something like "If I don't post in a while, write a comment or something because I'm probably doing NOTHING." Which I was! I've been on a backward sleep schedule so almost NOTHING can be done but sleep and play games. I've been so lazy and I've had plenty of time to write this!

*mumbles off screen*

What?

*more mumbles*

No I am NOT throwing the blame onto the readers because I feel like a piece of shit for not continuing the story for a little over a month and a half. *grumble grumble*

Marie POV:

*(Y/N) and Marie are walking around the first area* 

Marie: Okay, so there are these invisible grates all around. You have to ink them to reveal them. Once they're revealed, you can enter them to start your missions.

*Looks over at (Y/N)*

Marie: Did you get all that?

(Y/N) POV: 

(Y/N): (Oh no! She asked me a question! Quick! Say something!)

(Y/N): Yes... To that thing you just said.

Marie: Okay, so there are invisible grates to ink, then you can start the mission.

[If you don't get it, she knows he didn't pay attention.]

(Y/N): Sweet! Time to become a hero!

Marie: *Using her phone behind her umbrella as she starts walking away* Yeah, you go do... that thing you just said.

~~~

*(Y/N) pops out of the grate panting for air*

Marie: *Sitting down in front of the Cuttlefish Cabin on her phone. Looks up and sees your back then stands up* OH! You did great work out there. Very fast time.

*(Y/N) looks at Marie, unamused, still panting*

Marie: *Increasingly looking back over at her phone* You are now. On your way.. To becoming... OH! A great hero.

(Y/N): I thought this was super important! What is on that phone?!

Marie: Nothing. Now I think we should get at least a handful of the-

(Y/N): Somehow I don't believe what's on that phone is "nothing."

Marie: *Staring at you intensely with her eyes squinted* -se missions done a day.

(Y/N): *Sighs* Okay. Let's finish this set.

~Hours later (the rest of the missions in the first area, including that dough-boy of a boss)~

(Y/N): *COMPLETELY exhausted* Finally *pant* done.

Marie: Wow! You actually did pretty well out there.

(Y/N): Really? No jo-

Marie: No, I mean withstanding my puns.

(Y/N): *Quietly* There it is.

(Y/N): Well, believe it or not, I like puns.

Marie: That's good to know. Now I don't need to worry about you quitting over "too many puns." *She says with a smile*

*(Y/N) starts dozing off a bit*

*Marie snaps in front of your face to get your attention*

(Y/N): I'm alive!

*(Y/N) looks at Marie, who has a smirk on her face*

Marie: Now, for your reward for withstanding my puns, and I guess for defeating those Octarians, I give you this.

*Marie hands you the phone*

(Y/N): You sure you can make it without thi-

*Realization strikes*

(Y/N): THIS IS MY PHONE!

Marie: *Chuckling* Well, of course, it's not mine. I left mine at home.

(Y/N): WHAT WERE YOU LOOKING AT ON MY PHONE THIS WHOLE TIME!

Marie: Well would you look at the time. It's getting pretty late. You should probably head home before you fall asleep where you're standing.

*(Y/N) notices the suns almost down*

(Y/N): I expect an answer tomorrow.

Marie: *Waving goodbye as (Y/N) starts leaving* I expect you're not going to remember this conversation tomorrow. *said with a smirk*

~~~

*(Y/N) appears out of the grate back in Inkopolis Square*

Most of the people have gone home, but there are still a few stragglers.

(Y/N) is struggling to keep himself from falling asleep right there.

(Y/N): I'm gonna' make it... I'm gonna' make it..... Nope.

(Y/N) falls face first, right there in Inkopolis Square. Lights out.

???: Hey! Are you okay?

Want to find out what happens next? Find out next time on WOODY'S FINES--

I'm sorry.

P.S. Don't be afraid to tell me to get my lazy ass up and continue with this story.

689 Words

July 18, 2018. 5:51 A.M.