~ chapter 12 ~

Night 6

Boze's POV (district 5)

I was scanning the forest for Sohinki. I had been all day, and now, all night. I will kill him. I thought. I had determination to win. I will make it back home to my family and Sabrina. (A/N: I just realized I made Lcorn kinda cheat on Sabrina with Sohinki, but I kinda forgot about her so oof sorry Brina, ya man is dead anyways)

So far there was nothing. Nothing! How the hell could he be this elusive? I then suddenly hear a crack, or what sounded like a twig snapping from behind me. I turn around, aiming my bow into the wilderness. Suddenly, there was a sharp pain in my back.

Sohinki's POV (district 4)

I had just stabbed Boze in the back. In both ways. We trusted each other. But then she killed Shayne, and I knew that I was next.

She screamed in pain before collapsing to the floor. She was still alive, but in serious agony. She cried out, and I felt like an absolute monster.

I then knew I had to finish the job. "I'm sorry." I whispered. Before plunging the knife into her chest. She screamed "NO!" In agony, before the scream faded out and her cannon sounded. I froze. Shakily, I pull the knife out of her corpse. I drop it on the forest floor, feeling terrible about what I had done. Suddenly, that feeling of regret blew up into a feeling of success. I had just won the hunger games.

Even though I felt bad for what I'd done, I weirdly feel... happy? I try to hide my sense of victory. I know that I'm a try hard, and this boosts my ego, but I don't want it to. Suddenly the hovercraft picks me and Boze's corpse up.

People had warned me about the fame, and I spent the rest of the day doing interviews. "Sohinki! Did you think that you'd win?" A reporter shouts at me, waving a microphone in my face. "No, No I did not." I chuckled. "Did you feel bad about killing the girl from district 5?" Another reporter yelled to me. "Yes, but it had to be done. You know how the games are." I said, feeling guilty.

"What about the boy from district 5? What was going on between you two?" Yet another reporter asked. I froze, and scratched my neck. "We... were just close friends, nothing else." I said nervously. "He cared about me, I cared about him, and yes, I feel bad for, well, kind of killing him." I sighed.

And there were many more questions to come. From that moment on, I was famous, if you could call it that. I was "that one kid who won the hunger games that one time", but I wasn't satisfied with that title.

And that was that. I had won the hunger games.

Okay! Let's be honest, I had no idea how to end that book. I feel like the ending was disappointing, but I also feel accomplished because I finished this book!

Also, I entered it into the Smosh Wattys 2018 in the AU category but idk how awards work but oh well.

And one last reminder, this was all a generator, and I also have never read the hunger games or seen any movies or such, but I have a gist of how it goes.

Anyways, this book has been a fun journey, and I'm glad that it's done, since it has been fun, yet VERY STRESSFUL to write.

So let me just post one more death list:

Courtney Miller (district 2)
Amra "Flitz" Ricketts (district 11)
Anthony Padilla (district 1)
Whitney Barnett (district 9)
Lula Cassidy (district 4)
Lynne Dodd (district 11)
Maria Welsh (district 3)
Damien Haas (district 10)
Joshua "Joven" Ovenshire (district 3)
Kane Atara (district 12)
Keith Leak Jr (district 9)
David "Lasercorn" Moss (district 5)
Ian Hecox (district 2)
Olivia Sui (district 10)
Adelaide Randall (district 1)
Sydney Britt (district 9)
Noah Grossman (district 6)
Keirsten Long (district 6)
Finn Cuevas (district 12)
Wesley "Wes" Johnson (district 8)
Mari Takahashi (district 7)
Shayne Topp (district 7)
Ericka "Boze" Bozeman (district 5)

And the winner,

Matthew "Sohinki" Sohinki (district 4)

Word count: 713

- Mai