⚜️59⚜️

Reminder: Reyahs suffers from a disease Called Von WilleBrande (VWB).
In brief, It's a disease where the person suffering from it lacks proteins which clot blood. So the person has chances of bleeding to death. But than with proper care and medical diagnosis, they can be saved. The patient gets injected with clothing proteins which act naturally and so stopping the blood flow.

~~~~~~

{Sophie's PoV}

I woke up to the ringing of my phone. I groaned as I picked it up. It was 7:30 in the morning, who would call this early? .

Seeing five missed calls from my mother, I called her back.

" Hello." I spoke sleepy.

" Sophie!" My mothers worried voice spoke, "Reyah..... Sophie, Reyahs in the hospital."

" What do you mean by hospital?" I asked, all my sleep disappearing.

" I I.... don't know. Her diagnosis didn't work and she started her menses. And now there's just too much bleeding....Sophie," my mother broke down in tears and I felt my heart ache.

" She's been in the ward, " my mother hiccuped as she talked, ".. for an hour, there's no news and they're not letting me see her." My mother cried.

" Where's Father?" I asked, worry settling in the pit of my stomach.

" He.. he left for Chicago at 6 in the morning." My mother sobbed

" Okay mother take deep breaths." I said slowly, "Breathe in, breathe out. Good. I'll be there shortly okay. Don't worry."

I told my mother not to worry whilst I, myself was worried. No one was with my mother and she was freaking out. If she didn't calm down now, she'd have a panic attack.

Adam was wearing his suit jacket when he saw me sitting on the edge of the bed. I wanted to skip work today and just lazy around. Adam had worn me out last night but after my mothers call, that was going to be impossible.

" What happened Preciosa ?" Adam asked approaching me. He bent to my height, placing a kiss on my cheek.

" My mother called. Reyah's in the hospital. Adam, I need to go." I told Him. I looked calm but I surely wasn't. Anxiety and worry were coursing through my veins.

Adam tensed when he heard me but I couldn't do anything. No one was there with my mother. We'd need my fathers signature to write a cheque and since he wasn't there, I had to sign. Only then could we able to cash out. I could just imagine the dilemma my mother was in. The hospitals of NYC only functioned when they saw the money on the table. They didn't care how famous you were, money talked.

" Let me call Benjamin. Get ready Okay " Adam said placing a small kiss on my forehead before he picked his phone and walked out of the door.

I quickly had a short shower, dressed in my work clothes before I walked out of the room. Adam had made scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast.

" Adam, I'm not hungry." I told him. All I wanted to do was go to my sister.

" Preciosa." Adam cupped my face, " Eat some." He held my hips in his hands, the heat from his palms seeping through my pants.

"Don't worry Preciosa. My driver will pick you up and Ben will be waiting for you at the airport okay." Adam caressed my cheek, calming my nerves.
"Whenever you want to leave, you can." I nodded at him and gave him a small smile. I sat down and quickly ate a toast to make him happy, although my stomach churned.