Epilogue

Sky paused at the top of the loading ramp and took a deep breath in. The air smelled like home, salt and clean metal. She smiled, and her shoulders jumped with excitement as she fully stepped onto the boat.

The pre-boarding frenzy was in full swing and the crew moved at a quick pace to prep for the next week of cruisers. The heightened energy quickly swept Sky up and she moved along the corridors with a skip. Her first destination was the office of a youthful Italian man and his moody assistant.

She expertly moved through the busy bustle and didn't miss a step with the ship's sway. It felt like a piece of her had been absent during her time on land, but she had found it now that there was water raising and falling beneath her feet.

She dropped her bags in the corner of the busy office space and headed towards the desk in the back. Johnny had the purest look of boredom on his face until he saw her. His eyes went big in surprise and he stood up abruptly.

"Bennett! You're back. The rumors were true," he shouted.

"It would appear that way," she said.

When she reached his desk, he stretched out his arms and pulled her into a tight hug.

"I have missed you so, so, so much!" he said.

"I missed you too, Johnny."

She tried to pull away but he kept her pinned against his chest.

"I missed you more."

She finally broke free and gave him a scrutinizing look.

"Whats up?" she questioned. "What did you screw up?"

He shrugged and gave her an innocent look, but something didn't add up. Out of all of her co-workers, Johnny had been the most unaffected by her leaving. When she had told him, he had clasped his hands together and thanked the heavens that he wouldn't have to endure her singing any longer. She hadn't imagined her return would have such a positive affect on him.

"You did something," she said, continuing to study him.

"You act like I can't do my job," he scoffed. "Some of us are actually committed to what we do."

She gave him a flat look while he looked thoroughly pleased with his joke. She imagined this was just the one of the jabs she would have to endure for ditching the cruise ship for touring with Knox.

"And yet, in the year since I have been gone, it doesn't seem like you have improved at all," she said.

He grinned at the insult. "I did miss you Bennett. No one insults me like you do."

She laughed. "Now that I believe. But I still don't believe your first statement. What mess did you make that I have to clean up?"

He gave an offended scoff but quickly dropped the look.

"Fine. I missed making you give Louis my bad news. Everyone knows you are one of his favorites."

She smiled knowingly. "That makes more sense." She nodded towards the door behind the desk. "Can I see him?"

Johnny moved aside. "Go right ahead. He'll be happy to see you." As she opened the door, he quickly added, "Also, tell him three flower deliveries didn't make it, I'm going on break."

He shouted the last words over his shoulder as he ran from the office. Sky rolled her eyes at his dramatic exit and stepped into Louis's office.

The space was just as she had left it, and she sighed happily. She took a seat across from Louis and was met with his apathetic smile.