Missed Oppurtunities

*****
This chapter was suggested by @whatdoyouwant2563 . I've been contemplating doing different POV's since I wanted to challenge myself to show characters' thoughts and personality through their interactions with Wendy, but I'm still an amateur writer hehe 😅 I realize that what I planned for you guys to realize would have to be near the end and may be irrelevant by that point if I did it that way. Thanks for the suggestion @whatdoyouwant ! Please give me feedback if you like having a different POV or not, so I can decide whether to continue it or not!
*****

Vincent's POV (Chapter: Captain)

"Can you help me again, Vincent?" Maddy asks, pointing to the shelf of water bottles.

"I showed you literally every day of this week," I sigh , walking over and showing her how the labels have to face. "So, you should always line them up like this, or the manager goes nuts," I explain to Maddy.

"Thanks for helping me get this job by the way," Maddy smiles, continuing the rows I had already made.

"No problem."

"Now we can hang out even at work."

I wish I could hang out with Wendy. What is she doing right now? What should we get after work?

We haven't eaten out together all week, ever since I helped Maddy get a job. I thought she would then finally agree to get her own car, but she asked the manager for the same hours I work. Now, she still wants to carpool to school and then directly to work afterwards. I can't even leave for a few minutes to take a peek at what Wendy is doing. Maddy is a smart girl, but she calls for me every minute to show her how to do something.

"Vincent?"

"Huh?"

"You were spacing out just now," she giggles.

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking about what to eat after work."

I wonder if Korean barbecue is still opened around this time. Or maybe Wendy is craving Italian food. Mexican possibly?

"That's a good idea! We should go grab a bite after work. Celebrate my first week working," Maddy claps.

"Um...actually..."

"What's wrong?" she pouts, and crosses her arms once she's done placing the last water bottle on the shelf.

"I usually go on a Friday night date with Wendy..."

I would be going on dates with her everyday if you didn't want to carpool with me! Wow, that sounded a lot more bitter than I thought.

"Oh," Maddy's shoulders slump.

"I better text Wendy and ask her what she wants to eat." I head to the back room and Maddy follows me. Although, she should be staying in front so at least one of us is there. An unattended store is pretty much flashing neon lights and welcoming in shoplifters.

I hear loud pounding of feet on the floor and the bell on the door ringing. Shit. Knowing how careful my boss is with the way everything is hung and shelved, he'll probably find out we're missing inventory. I'm screwed. Not like I can blame it on Maddy.

That asshole is trying to make a business deal with Maddy's dad afterall. Maybe if I don't get on his bad side, he'll stop trying to convince me to major in business. If I piss off Maddy, I piss off her dad, and then I piss off that asshole that lives with me.