Chapter 6

(Y/N P.O.V)
The car ride was silent and awkward, and I desperately wanted the silence to end. I could see Connor glancing at Hank every few minutes, almost as if he wanted the silence to end too.

We arrived in the Ravendale district, not many police officers were here yet. We all stepped out into the cold rain, and I pulled my hood up.

I took a look around the empty streets. There were some run down buildings, along with a few newer apartments. There was a convenience store, laundromat, and motel around us. The whole places seemed a bit sketchy.

"We should check out some of the shops. Someone must've seen them" I said while tucking my hair into my hood.

Hank and Connor both agreed, so I went into the nearest store which was a convenience store. There was only one person working, other than that the store was empty.

"Hello, I'm Detective (l/n)." I smiled at him, "I was wondering if you happened to see a female android, specifically an AX400 model pass through here?"

"Yeah, I saw her last night, she had a little girl with her too. I don't know where they went through" he shrugged and I nodded.

"Thank you for the information" I smiled and left the store, just releasing that Connor was in here the whole time.

We checked a few other places, including the motel and laundromat, but nobody else seemed to have seen her except the store clerk and bus driver.

Connor and I walked back over to where Hank was, he was scrolling through an iPad (it looks like an iPad anyway) while mumbling.

"Bus driver saw it at 2:30, seen at a convenience store..."

"It stole wire cutters" Hank and I both looked at Connor, "there must be a reason why."

"Wire cutters? How do you know that?" I questioned and Connor turned to look at me.

"I checked the CCTV while you were questioning the clerk. The android was caught on camera stealing them. So, it had wire cutters and was looking for a place to hide"

Connors always one step ahead of us, that's for sure.

"So, what's your conclusion, Sherlock?"

Connor started walking a bit, and slowly turned his head toward a building. My gaze fell on the abandoned building, which had a wire fence around the outside.

"Maybe it didn't go far" I mumbled as we looked at the building.

We started walking towards the building, not wanting to waste any time.

"Look, right here" I crouched down in front of the fence. There was a hole big enough to fit a person through.

"Good eye, (y/n)" Hank said and I smiled. At least his attitude was gone from earlier.

Connor went through first, and he held up the cut part of the fence for me, making sure it didn't hit me. Hank decided he'd stay in the other side, claiming to be too old to be crawling on the ground.

"I'll check around this side" I gestured to the side of the building.

"I think it would be best if we stayed together"