cxliv.

"-and that's when I said, If you liked breathing so much, you shouldn't have messed with Kim Yoongi," Yoongi said dramatically, spreading his arms wide before shrugging, a smirk on his lips.

"But you never s-said that, hyung," Jimin countered, and Yoongi sighed.

"Not in those exact words, maybe, but there was definitely a moment where-"

"Oh, the moment where you got sucker punched in the gut?" Hobi piped up helpfully, laughing along with Jimin, but Yoongi just tilted his chin up.

"Every victory comes with a few blows," he acknowledged. "And every hero has his struggles."

"Wait, you're the hero? I thought you were a side character, at best," Hobi said, and Yoongi gave him a look.

"Heroes don't have to go to the hospital to get checked for a concussion," Lisa said dryly, and Yoongi gave her a look.

"I'm still just-" Namjoon blew out a frustrated breath. "Fighting? Again?"

Lisa took Namjoon's words as a cue to gather their plates and set them in the sink before leaving the room to give them some time to talk.

"Well, technically, it was their first time so-"

Namjoon set his hand down on the table, effectively cutting off Yoongi. "This isn't a joke, Yoongi." Namjoon sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you but- you have to take this seriously, okay? No more fighting. All of you were put in danger and you might even have a concussion, Yoongi, and for what? Bragging rights?" Namjoon rubbed his temples. "Look, Yoongi, I know I'm taking this out on you, but you're the oldest of the three of them, and I trust you to look after them and keep them safe."

"Yeah? Well I wouldn't have to if we had a dad," Yoongi mumbled, his eyes narrowed, and Namjoon looked up, shocked.

"What did you just say?"

Yoongi hesitated, his mouth slightly open before he looked to the side, crossing his arms. "Nothing."

Namjoon stared at Yoongi. "Yoongi, no matter what house you live in or which parent you're with, I'll always be your dad and-"

"And nothing. You're the one who's supposed to look after us and keep us safe, but somehow I'm the one who has to do it, so maybe that makes me the dad."

Hobi made a disgusted face at the thought of Yoongi being anyone's father.

Namjoon still hadn't recovered from Yoongi's words. "Yoongi, it hurts me to to hear you say that, but I talked to your mom and we may be working out a way for all of you to live together with me again."

Yoongi flinched like he'd been slapped. "No."

Namjoon's eyes widened. "N- You don't want to? But- I thought-"

"No, it's not that we don't want to, we just can't, okay," Yoongi rushed, avoiding eye contact with Namjoon, and Jimin and Hobi stared at Yoongi.

"Since you're apparently making decisions for us now, why exactly can't we?" Hobi asked slowly.

"It's complicated," Yoongi said brusquely, and Hobi frowned.

"It can't be as complicated as my chemistry homework," Hobi replied, "so why don't you just spit it out?"

"Mom needs us," Yoongi said sharply. "So we can't go. Or maybe you guys can if you want to leave, whatever. I'm not going."

"But, Yoongi," Namjoon said, his heart breaking. Five years he'd waited for an opportunity like this, an opportunity to sew his family back together stitch by stitch. Was it too late? "Everything can go back to how it was before, the seven of us and Lisa, together, here. And Lala, of course."