➳ 033.

"nope, this was all a
bad dream that i'll
wake up from very
soon."
k e n z i e .

glizzy had picked everyone up, and he drove as fast as he could to the hospital that kade was at. i was praying to God that he was okay.

he parked the car, and we all ran inside of the hospital. tears rolled down my face, i couldn't lose my brother.

"mommy, is kay-kay okay?" nasir asked, and looked at me.

"he's gonna be fine, nas." i said, hoping that i was right.

"okay mommy." he replied, and closed his eyes. he laid his head on my shoulder, and we walked to the front desk.

"is it possible that we could visit kade simmons?" kim asked.

"hold on, i'll check." the lady said, and typed into the computer. surprised that the lady didn't flirt with none of the boys, cause that happens everytime we come to the hospital.

this is like the eighteenth trip to the hospital in the past two months. 🤦🏽‍♀️

"i'm sorry." she said. "he's in surgery right now, but his hospital room number is room 230C. no one is in there, so you can go wait in there until they bring him back into the room."

"okay, thank you." i said, and we walked off. we all walked upstairs, going to find room 230C

"found it niggas." jay said from the end of the hallway.

he was standing in front of a door. we all walked up to him, and read the number on the door just in case he was wrong... cause y'all know jay. 😭

"that says 230A dumbass." cordae said, and slapped his hand on his forehead.

"oops." he said.

"nah, it's right here." nahmir said, he was across from the room we were at. i read the door.

230C.

"go in." manny instructed. we all walked in to see amanda sitting down alone.

"you fu—

"glizzy, stop." i whispered to him, and nudged him. he sighed, and shrugged.

we sat down, pulling our chairs away from amanda.

"you know it wasn't my fault right?" she asked us, and we all stayed silent.

"they were gonna kill kade if i didn't shoot at glizzy!" she exclaimed again.

"well now kade got stabbed eight times, so they set you up." jay said, and put his head into his hands.

"m-mane, let's just hope he's okay." kim said, and a tear rolled down her cheek.

"i really hope that he is." i said, and sighed. i tried to fight back the tears, but i couldn't.

tears streamed down my face, and i laid on glizzy's shoulder. i just couldn't believe that my little brother got stabbed multiple times.

we heard the door open, and we all looked up to see a surgeon.

"are you all the family of kade simmons?" he asked.

"yes." we all said.

"i'm sorry." he said. "kade didn't make it, we tried the best that we could."

and, at that moment my heart dropped. it just didn't feel real.

my little brother. 💔

"no, no, no." kim said, and put her head into her hands.

"nah man, this gotta be some type of joke or sumn." al said, and a tear slipped down his cheek.

"i'm sorry, but it's not." the surgeon said. "kade has unfortunately passed away."

nope, this was all a bad dream that i'll wake up from very soon. i thought.

i'm gonna wake up.
i'm gonna wake up.
i'm gonna wake up.

i repeated the same four words continuously in my head. hoping that it would be true.

i closed my eyes for a few seconds, and opened them once again. sadly realizing, that i was still at the hospital with everyone who was sobbing around me.

it wasn't a dream. no matter how hard i tried to convince myself that this wasn't really happening, i couldn't.

because, kade is really dead. they fucking killed my brother.

my heart broke into a million pieces, as i sobbed even more. everything became a blur.

➳➳➳

- 💔 .
- comment, vote, share. xx
- kiara 🤧 .