Chapter 22

3x19: Heart Of Darkness. 

I woke up to Klaus' back towards me, sitting up with my body aching. We haven't talked since yesterday and he had come to bed late last night just to avoid me, he kept his distance from me and didn't bother to wrap me in his arms. 

I know I shouldn't have slapped him at all but the words he said were disgusting, no one should ever wish that upon their worst enemy. I felt him stir beside me before, he opened his eyes. Sitting up from his laying position, not bothering to spare me another glance. 

I felt my heart suddenly feel like daggers stabbing into them over and over again from the cold look on his face and how he didn't look at me or greet me like he always does. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat as I watched him enter the bathroom and slam the door shut without saying anything. 

I blinked my tears away standing up from the bed, grabbing my robe tying it around me. I took out an outfit throwing it onto the bed, hearing the bathroom door open behind me, turning around to see a dressed Klaus, looking down at the floor with a hard expression on his face. He didn't acknowledge me and what hurt me the most was that he didn't tell me happy birthday. 

Klaus never in his life did he ever miss my birthday. He would get disappointed when he was the second person to tell me happy birthday but I guess things have changed since the past and this is how it is going to be from now. I watched him walk past me and walked out of the room slamming the door behind himself causing me to flinch at the loud sound. 

I sucked in a shaky breath walking into the bathroom and brushed my teeth well before grabbing my brush and brushing my hair before curling it. I put my lips in a line looking at myself in the mirror. I have this feeling that Klaus doesn't love me like he did in the past, the love we have is almost making me feel like a burden. 

I turned off the curling Iron, grabbing my makeup bag and did my makeup before walking out of the bathroom and towards the outfit on the bed. (Outfit on top) I slipped off my robe and nightgown, grabbing my outfit and throwing it on. Turning around looking at myself in the mirror, nodding in approval

 Shutting the door behind myself. I walked down stairs to see no one in the mansion, with a frown upon my face and a heavy heart, well...Happy one hundred and twenty two birthday to me. 

I went straight towards the entrance not bothering to stay in this lonely mansion, vampire speeding towards the Salvatore boarding house, pushing the door opened. Entering the house and shutting the door scanning the place hearing voices in the basement, heading towards the cellar to see Stefan and Alaric drinking. 

"That actually makes perfect sense." I heard Stefan say. "Your wife left you to become a vampire and your girlfriend was killed by one." That was a low blow. 

"Cute." I commented, before Alaric can speak. Gaining both of their attention. "I never expected this to happen in a million years." I motioned to the both of them drinking together. 

Alaric smiled up at me. "What can I say. I'm a failed hunter slash drinking buddy of vampires." I rolled my eyes at his bitter tone. 

"Ah, he's too judgmental." Stefan responded. 

"The thing is, he's me." Alaric said, frowning. "I'm not compelled, I'm not possessed, there's no humanity switch. What drives him is me." I darted my tongue onto my lips.