Chapter thirty two: that awkward moment

ELIZABETH'S POV

I woke up with a hangover. It was from last night's drinking.

I felt dizzy, I felt like I was spinning. Pretty much like the day, I woke up in the basement. To top it up, I had a headache. The headache was so intense that it made me sick to my stomach, something told me this was from more than just a hangover.

I'm never drinking again.

I turned to my right to find a sleepy Charles.

I took the blanket off my side of the bed so I would go to the bathroom and get something for my headache.

We were both naked.

What the hell happened last night?

'Oh my gosh,' I think I slept with Charles.

I sneaked out of the bed making sure not to wake him, I certainly didn't want to make things more awkward than there already were.

I could only make out a few words of what happened last night.

'Drinking, talking and drinking'

I didn't remember what happened afterwards or how we ended up in bed.

I decided to take a nice and warm bath to calm myself a bit.

When I got back into the bedroom there was no sign of Charles.

I heard two voices downstairs, it sounded like Michael and Charles so I decided to see what was going on.

"Don't you have any food in your own house?" Charles asked.

Lately, he had been coming here a lot, maybe too much.

"Of course not, that why I have you," Michael replied.

Michael was standing by the stove making pancakes.

"Would you like some pancakes, Elie?" Michael said looking in my direction.

"Sure, why didn't I marry you instead."

Charles turned to me staring at me for a moment. I was melting deep inside. I just couldn't look him in the eye.

Charles didn't look like someone who had a hangover or anything, he was probably used to alcohol.

With Michael there, things were less awkward than they would have been.

We sat by the island table having our breakfast, I have to say Michael was a pretty good cook.

"Michael, how did you learn to cook so well?"

"Well after five years of chopping peoples hands-off and fraying it while their watch then force it down there throat. you kinda learn a thing or two about cooking."

Charles and I looked at him in complete horror, I couldn't believe this. I just lot my apatite.

"Come on guys, I'm joking"

"The police still doesn't have any trace of Erik."

I could see the now he was trying to change the subject.

All these Erik talks are starting to give me a headache, he is part of that chapter of my life I'm willing to move on from and forget about.

"We gonna teach you how to fight," Michael announced.

"We are?" Charles said sounding a bit confused.

"Yes, we are," Michael said putting some emphasis on the words We Are.