Meet the Parents

Back once again for a weekly update. I'm glad I'm keeping my commitment!!! Has anyone checked out The Devil's Daughter yet??? I really want you guys to check it out!!!!

Anyways here comes your chapter...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I barely slept after last night. Dominic confirmed and yet raised more suspicions. He knew that I wasn't serious about this marriage and he knew that I wasn't fazed by his warning he gave me in the car when I first arrived. I couldn't tell if he knew that I was trying to find a way to break free from this marriage and basically frame him for the reason of the marriage failing. I knew for sure that he will be watching me like a hawk for now on. While I find a way to break this marriage, Dominic is finding a way to break me.

I just need to know what he will do after he breaks me...

It seems that Dominic has forgotten the fact that he wanted the single life! From the moment he stormed into my house, he made thins perfectly clear that the only reason why he was in my life because he was forced too. Dominic clearly enjoyed his single life before he found out about me. Why did he ditch that lifestyle all of a sudden?

It makes no sense! He wants me to be his bride and the mother of his kids now? I couldn't see any positive gain he could have for marrying me besides following the pact. Dominic must have a plan cooking up because none of this was making any sense.

Tonight is dinner with the parents. I want to know what Dominic has in store for me but I couldn't risk his parents discovering my vindictive. 

Breakfast was served in my room instead of the dining room. When I was done showering and changed to a loose white tank and shorts, the maid from the other night brought up a tray of homemade pancakes served with fresh imported fruits. I was skeptical having breakfast alone in my room but the maid explained that Dominic was out and busy with business meetings and I wasn't allowed out of my quarters without his knowledge. 

I spent the entire afternoon in my room. It felt like being back at home all over again, only with fancier furniture. I couldn't sneak out even if I tried because after breakfast was served, some bodyguard came and locked the door that led to the rest of the house. Even Dominic's room was locked but that wasn't a surprise.

My time was spent going into mental rants and trying to unravel Dominic and his twisted mind games. I tried seeking help and relief from my parents and writing my anger down in my diary but nothing brought me solace. It got to the point where I had written down every possible reason for Dominic's cryptic behavior yet no leads matched up. My sanity was slipping with each second. The only thing that made sense in my mind was that maybe...in some fucked up world he wants us to work and be married for real!

I couldn't accept that as an answer. Dominic is a player. He isn't and will never be ready for a serious relationship. The Stephan I met 4 years ago may be ready for a relationship but this asshole that replaced him definitely isn't the man I want to be with. 

Dominic's mind games kept me busy until it was time for dinner. To match my faithful fiance persona, I decided to dress to impress. I wore an off-white knit sweater dress that hugged every curve and stopped mid-thigh, with white knee-high socks and black suede knee-high boots. By the time I finished curling my hair, I heard tires scraping the gravel on the driveway. 

It was Dominic climbing out a Lincoln with two other behind him. From my window view, I could tell the man and woman beside him were his parents. Dominic was whispering into his mother's ear before he paused and looked up. As if he sensed my presence, he looked straight into my eyes. I couldn't back away from the window. Our eyes were in deep connection. For that brief moment, his gentle eyes brought me back to the river. To a time where I felt love and innocence whenever he looked at me. 

A loud car horn from the Lincoln interrupted our connection. It was their driver trying to get Dominic's attention. Dominic show me a quick wink before walking back to the house. Instantly when the front door open the trance was broken. I felt weak in my knees. With a single glance, he was able to bring me back to a time where the thought of marrying him felt like a dream. Dominic has the ability to show you any side of him that he chooses. His sides are either anger or wickedness but never remorse or innocence. In that small brief moment, he showed me innocence. He showed me the same eyes that I fell for 4 years ago.

A maid came up to escort me down to dinner. The nerves started to hit me as I walked down the stairs. My heart raced rapidly once I approached the dining room. The room lightly spun when I heard light banter coming from the dining room.

Dominic and his parents had their backs turned to me looking out the large window overlooking the backyard. They were all sipping on a bottle of expensive Chardonnay, sharing a laugh. If it wasn't for the maids I would have run straight back to my room.

"Now announcing, Lady Alessandra." The maid announced before exiting the room.

Quickly everyone turned to look at me. My eyes amazed at what I saw. I've always imagined what Stephan's parents looked like when I was 16... if he was more like his father or his mother? Yet, he was the perfect mixture of both. His mother is an Italian beauty. Her long full bouncy jet black hair reflected perfectly off the golden hair rays. She had all the perfect features. Small button nose, electrifying blue eyes, perfectly arched and plucked eyebrows and full heart shaped lips. Her body only added to the perfection. For a woman in her 40s, she was in the best shape of her life.

His father was a classic ladies man. He was a 6'2 beefy tanned Italian hunk. His facial features were cold just like his son. Stone cut jaw, pouty lips, and an imprinted frown that he was probably born with. His dark brown eyes brought fear to my soul and his muscular figure didn't help his case either. In his tailored suit, his extensively detailed tattoos peeked from his chest and the slightly exposed chest. 

I didn't know who to fear the most, his parents or Dominic.