Fifteen

Benjamin curses under his breath as he receives text from Katen. He puts his phone down, finishing getting dressed.

He slips his shoes in, before walking downstairs.

"Hey, Son".

Benny looks over at his dad, nodding. His mom walks in, smiling.

"Oh. Just to let you guys know...I'm pretty sure Noah and I are dating and he's taking me out Friday".

"Alright..that's fine. We'd like to meet his parents though".

"N-no, totally. Just wanted to inform you guys".

"Okay. Get to school, babe".

Benny nods, walking outside to wait for Noah. He gets to Benjamin's house.

Noah smiles at him, "Hey".

"H-Hey".

"Everything alright?"

"Mhm".

*

Benjamin looks back at Katen to make sure he wasn't staring. Though, he was, Benny looks back at the teacher, tapping his pencil.

Once the bell rings, Benjamin slowly gathers his thing to hopefully buy time. After the class cleared out, Benjamin got up and walked out the classroom.

Katen was standing at the door waiting for him, just when Noah caught up. "Hey, babe. We're going out for lunch".

Benny looks at Katen, nodding. Noah grabs his hand, pulling him out the situation. "What's up? Talk to me. You don't have to shut me out".

"Um..Kiara and Zoē came over last night to apologize...and um she broke up with um Katen..and he's-hes been texting me all morning".

"Why didn't you tell me? Baby, that could've-".

"I-I know".

Noah stops walking, "That could've ended badly. He was right there".

Benjamin nods, before Lucas runs up. "So we going to lunch or what?"

*

Gabi has joined them for lunch as well, and per Lucas's request they were sat at Taco Bell.

"I fuckin' hate this fake Mexican shit. Es repugnante y falso".

Benny giggles, "I love when you speak Spanish".

"Oh really?"

Noah leans down to whisper in Benjamin's ear, "Déjame decirte, eres un chico sexy culo".

Benny bites his lip, playfully hitting him. "What did you say?"

"What did I say?"

Benny frowns, "It better have been nice".

"Trust me, it was".

"Enough you two! I'm trying to eat. Noah are you gonna eat?"

"Nah, this shit is fucking gross. If my abuelo was here, she'd be pissed.

Gabi giggles, "Is it that deep?"

"I'm not a fake Latino, this shit..is gross".

A worker walks by, smiling. "If you don't like the food, you can leave".

"Excuse me-".