16. Fool Me Once

I just wanted to say thanks to Nic765. If it wasn't for your excitement for the story then I wouldn't have pushed myself to get this chapter out early. I am so excited that you all are enjoying the book and I hope you are all excited for an early chapter. Without further ado please enjoy the next chapter!  

 Without further ado please enjoy the next chapter!  

Dream

Allison opened her eyes and looked around seeing herself not in the woods, but in some village. She stayed behind a tree that was there in case someone saw her. Everyone appeared to be in clothing that she had never seen before. Allison looked around trying to find E.J. Her heart rate picked up when she couldn't see any sign of him. She tried to tell herself to stay calm, but no matter what she said to herself it didn't work. "Allison." She heard.

She whipped around and let out a sigh of relief; it was E.J. and he walked towards her and smiled. "You do not have to hide. It is a dream, they will not be bothered." Allison walked forward and waved a hand in his face, "pfft. I knew that." E.J. smirked. "Wait, but if this is just a dream then how are you here and able to interact with me?"

They began to walk through the village as he answered her slowly, "because I'm the one controlling them my dear." "If you're the one controlling them then what's the deal with that wolf and the man?" He looked disgruntled when he answered, "that was a lapse of concentration on my part. I apologize, I shouldn't have gotten... distracted."

Allison nodded with uncertainty and looked around the village. People were going about their daily business of carrying wooden buckets of water around, bringing back food for their families. What era was this? They walked past a small well and she looked down and asked, "why do you always make my dreams in the middle ages or something?" His response was a shrug, "why not?"

She laughed. For the first time with him she laughed. This was a breakthrough for him, she needed to like him. He looked down at her and said, "so, tell me about yourself." Allison shifted on her feet. She wasn't sure if she was ready to tell him about herself. She looked around again before saying, "um, well, what do you want to know about me?" E.J. looked at where she was looking and said, "anything."

She sighed, "um, I have a father that thinks I'm a disappointment, a dead mother, my aunt and cousins on my fathers side hate me, and my brothers missing." He hesitantly placed a hand on her shoulder and she looked up at him. She was hurting. She just wanted a family that loved her, and E.J. didn't understand how anyone could hate her. "you will not be sad forever." He told her with such confidence as if he knew that this would happen. She smiled lightly up at him feeling good to have someone tell her this.

Ring, ring... Ring, ring... Allison's eyes snapped open at the sound of her phone and she looked around hazily. She was back in her bedroom. Ring, ring... Blinking her eyes a few times she turned over and picked up her phone looking at the caller ID. Incoming call, Stefan Salvatore. She sighed and answered, "Hello." "Hey, Allison. Have you seen Elena?" He asked in a rushed tone." "No, I haven't. I've been sleeping, why what's wrong?" She heard him sigh, "Elena's missing." Allison sat up straight in her bed, "what? when did this happen?" "Last night." He replied. "and I've been searching all over town all night."