3.0

'the necessity for apologies between you and me - baby, there is none.'

(walking in the wind - one direction) pt. 2

-

I ignored my mother's shrieks and my father's shouts as I bolted down the stairs and towards the front door. I didn't need their sickening reminders that I 'knew nothing of love', and that I'd 'thank them for it someday'. I wouldn't; I knew I wouldn't. For once in my life it didn't even occur to me that my parents could be right - and that's because I knew they weren't.

They didn't know me anymore; nor did I know them. They were strangers. I'd always known my parents were strict on tradition; fixated on reputation - but I'd never known them to be so adamant with restricting my very happiness. I never thought that when the day came I finally loved somebody - they would react in such a way.

I'd been accused of 'whoring around', 'acting like a slut' - a 'disgrace'. I'd be lying if I said it hadn't stung - but I'd be lying if I said that had been my issue. My issue lay in the fact my parents cared far more for a damn 'reputation' than they did for my own happiness - and what would be spoiled, exactly? Dating Harry - somebody who didn't have a well-known name, somebody who didn't gloat about what he had - somebody who was content without mansions, sports cars and whatever the fuck else my parents had chosen to define him by his lack of. 

And so they'd destroyed him. They'd fired his mother and left her without an income to support the two of them - to hurt me, and to hurt him. I wondered what they'd expected, in all honesty; for me to drop to my knees in gratitude? To smile and nod, since it was 'for my own good'? It made me feel sick.

It hurt to think that only yesterday I'd been on cloud nine. Everything had been so incredibly perfect; we'd both been so incredibly happy. I was living in an untouchable bliss, and in a matter of moments, it had come crashing down, and it had burned.

I needed to see him. I needed his presence, his touch, his capability to heal any hurt and take away any sorrow I held - I needed to know he was okay. That he wasn't hurting; that everything would work out in the end, and that nothing would change. Him and I would stay the same, that nothing could come between us - that he loved me, and that was what mattered. 

Any other day, I would've taken the time to silently curse the rain for drenching me in a time of such significance - but I didn't care. My actions were nothing but hasty as my legs carried me down the street, my breath short as I was practically soaked. 

"I go there to think sometimes."

I looked up, following the line of Harry's ring clad finger - a park; discarded, empty. Depressing, almost - a single bench, directly opposite a rusty swing set that looked like it hadn't been touched in years.

"Why there, oh Mysterious One?" I mused, earning a soft grin from Harry.

"S'quiet there, innit?" he shrugged, shoving his hands into the pockets of his coat.

"Aren't you cryptic?" I teased, and he scoffed, grabbing my hand in his and swinging it back and forth.

"Aren't I just?"

The park. My feet acted before my mind, and before I knew it, I was heading straight for the old park. I prayed he would be there, god - I just needed to see him. I didn't know what would happen if I didn't, my mind was beyond clouded. I just needed Harry. 

Sure enough, as I trailed through the puddles already forming on the concrete surface leading to the grass, I could spot a familiar figure lazily draped over one of the swings. He wore an anorak; far wiser than I was in this weather as the downpour only grew heavier while I walked towards him. I noticed a cigarette in his hand, as he tapped it against his index finger, taking long, even drags.