Epilogue // Adalind

The lovely moodboard made by @LaurelGeni

                         ~ ~ ~

I  met Joel Argent as the most random place, a house party that he was throwing for his best friend Wyatt. A party that I didn't even want to go to, a party that Lucy pretty much has to drag me too.

Then my eyes met Joel's eyes and I saw his charming smile, his godlike features and we started talking, which lend to the most amazing night together and that was supposed to be the end of our story.

But it wasn't I got pregnant and it was shock, but in some way it was like fate because it brought Joel and I back together. Because we were forever link together through this tiny little human, that we created.

And okay so maybe the last year hasn't been easy for us since we met. I almost died giving birth, Joel cheated on me, then Joel job to him to Creek-Harbor, it was just one chaotic thing after another for us, like we were always fighting a battle to be in love.

But I wouldn't change the night I met Joel because it got me Theo, and he's the cutest five-month-old ever, and I love him so much.

For a moment I thought maybe this was how it was supposed to be, maybe this was how our story was supposed to end, Joel in Creek-Harbor and me in Chicago with our son. And I once thought that too much has happened between me and Joel, to ever be happy again together, to ever work as a couple again. That our love just wasn't enough to get us a happy ever after.

But I was wrong....

After a long hard think to myself, after Joel's last day in Chicago. When he came to say goodbye to Theo, I watched him walk out of my home it all changed for me.

And okay, things are not perfect between Joel and me right now. And yes he did cheat on me by kissing another woman, but he never did cross the line of sleeping with another woman. But I also had to accept that he was in a bad place, when he made those decisions. He did almost watch me die and that couldn't have been easy, and it more than likely did mess with his head. And a lot of people have agreed on that, Lucy, my dad and even Nana Stella who is the most unforgiving person I have ever known.

I always believed that once someone hurts you, betrayers you in a way that breaks your heart. That there's no going back, that what's done is done. No second chance, but then I really thought about it.

I love Joel, in a way that is strong, consuming even, it's love that I haven't shared with another else in my life, and he is the father of my child. And he loves me I know that despite his choices he does love me. He lost his way, and I believed that he was sorry that he chose to walk that path and hurt me the way that he did. Which is why I made the choice to put the past behind me and keep loving him.

Pulling out of my thoughts as I feel two arms wrap around my waist, feeling a smile on my face, as I lend back into the body behind me.

"You look sexy covered in paint" He mumbled into my ear, shaking my head and playful pushed out of his embrace, and turned around to face him and wrapped my arms around his neck, and locked my eyes onto him.

"Nobody looks sexy covered in paint" I argued with a smirk on my face,

"Not true you do, and I pretty should I would too" He joked, letting out a laugh.

"Well to be fair you just think your sexy in general!" I mocked,

"That's because I am" He mocked back, looking from him his eyes and down his body and then back up to his face, with a smug look on my face.

"Debatable I supposed" I replied, he looks at me with a raised eyebrow and that cute smirk on his face before pulling me into his embrace tighter.

"So funny!" He whispered against my neck as he places kisses along my neck.

"I'm hilarious babe" I replied, as he lips almost meet mine.

"I love you Adalind" He announced to me, feeling a smile on my face.

"I love you too, Joel" I replied back and then pulled his lips to mine.

After what seemed like forever Joel pulled his lips from mine and smiled at me.

And spun me around the living room we were stood in, falling back into his embrace as he hugged me from behind and we just looked at our first home together with smiles on our faces.

We bought our own house together, a home that is our fresh start, a home that is our second chance. A home we can be a family in.

"I'm so glad I moved to Creek-Harbor with you" I whispered with a smile on my face, as I feeling Joel's arms around me.

This is where we belong together with our son in Creek-Harbor.

THE END

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO You, Me, Us, is officially completed :( But Adalind & Joel got their happy ending yay!!

I really enjoyed writing Adalind's and Joel's story, and I hope you guys have enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it!

Please leave your thoughts and honest options on the book, it would mean the world to me :)

A massive thank you to everyone who has followed the Creek-Harbor books so far!

Look out for book 4 titled: Always been you, which will follow Thea's & Dex's story.... Coming soon.