| THE TIGER'S OMEGA | 27 |

| KALEB

The safe house came into view just as the sun began disappearing behind the tops of the trees surrounding the clearing where the safe house lay. It wasn't as large as the former pack house, but since our numbers had been significantly diminished there was enough room for everyone. My relief at seeing the structure was palpable.

When we reached the safe house, the remaning wolves who survived the attack began pouring out to greet us. My wolf who'd been quiet since our rescue, finally emerged from the deep recesses of my mind. It was comforting to finally be able to feel his prescence. I couldn't help but to look for the familiar faces of my alpha and luna I only to be heartbroken once I remembered their fate. My wolf let out a mournful whine as pitiful whimpers escaped his jowels.

The woman who acted as a mother figure for me and the man who remained a contant figure of care and protection were no longer here. I felt like I lost my mom all over again. When my mom passed away in the last fight between our pack and the witch coven, Luna Eden made extra sure that I was cared for. As luna it was apart of her job to take of the pups, especially I the ones with no parents, not that there was a lot of us. Still, she treated us all as if she had birthed us herself. She was always there for me and I wished more than anything that I could have protected her.

Alpha Drake was the father I never had, always over protective and kind. Because I was an omega he babied me as if I was still a pup. I admit I was a bit of a rule breaker, I was always out past curfew in my meadow. When I would sometimes get caught by patrolling enforcers and dragged to the Alpha, he would still scold me like any other wolf but my punishments were never as harsh.

I couldn't really wrap my head around the fact that they were gone. I didn't want to wrap my head around it. I wish I could live in denial, believing that everything would go back to normal.

Back to when we were eating the luna's special extra saucy spaghetti in the dining room before all this shit started. If I could rewind time... I don't know what I'd do different. If I even could change my actions, would it really impact the course of events? Probably not.

The crowd gathered around us offering clothes once we'd shifted back. Zev blocked me from view with his rediculously large body as I got dressed before shifting and pulling on the sweats that had left for him.

You could tell the the pack was surprised to see Josh. After Alpha Drake had ordered everyone to be on the lookout for him I guess they assumed he betrayed the pack. Not that I blame them. We all did. The young beta was currently attempting to stand on his own in order to not seem as weak as he looked. Darren was having none of it. As soon as he was done pulling up the shorts provided to him he pulled Josh into his side. Josh managed to glare weakly at his mate but said nothing.
Once everyone was in human form and clothed Darren addressed the pack.

"We were successful in rescuing Kaleb and we killed Larken along the way, " he began, his voice booming through the air in the clearing. There was happy murmuring and a few claps and cheers, but they quieted down when he started speaking again. "I also found my mate, your former beta and now Lunos [A/N: I don't care if it's incorrect I like the way it sounds.] Josh." The alpha stated proudly, practically beaming. The surprise from seeing Josh turned to shock. The new Lunos was blushing profusely but held his head high despite having most of his weight being supported by his mate. There were audible gasps before the pack started applauding and exclaiming their congratulations to the new alpha couple. Darren waited til they calmed down a bit before continuing.

"Unfortunately, the true culprit behind all this devastation has evaded us once again. Jared is still on the loose and something tells me he's not finished yet. Until he has been delt with, there will be a strictly enforced curfew, all able bodied enforcer wolves will be on round the clock border patrol and everyone else will be fortifying the house or finalizing evacuation measures for the pups." A fire seemes to fill the gazes of my pack mates as well as a lust for blood. They seemed more than willing to do whatever it took to defeat our enemy. "We were not prepared the last time we were attacked. This time we will destroy them." He growled in conclusion inciting a howl that grew in ferocity as more wolves joined in the frightening chorus.