t w e n t y - e i g h t | s k y e

t w e n t y - e i g ht | s k y e

Only a few moments after Arlo tells them about the second prophecy, Skye finds himself beside Firedust, strapping on his saddle and preparing us for a long return journey to Halsa

Only a few moments after Arlo tells them about the second prophecy, Skye finds himself beside Firedust, strapping on his saddle and preparing us for a long return journey to Halsa. They all quickly made the decision to retrieve the prophecy as soon as possible. If this could win the war against the Morai, it doesn't matter how many thousands of miles they had to fly. The only thing that matters is finding it, and using it to their advantage.

Bryan stands nearby, a troubled expression on his face as he roughly packs. His eyes flash in a mixture of anger and anxiety, and his features are stuck in a deep frown as he straps on Whiplash's saddle. Whiplash looks agitated by his Rider's sullen attitude, and occasionally nudges Bryan, who responds to none of his dragons attempts.

Skye pauses in his movement, wanting to get back to the Depingur Historia as fast as possible, but also feeling concerned. Firedust seems equally as curious and glances at him expectantly. He has to say something.

"Don't ask." Bryan snaps suddenly, and Skye frowns.

"I didn't even say anything."

He sighs, "You were about to. I could sense it."

"Right." he says slowly, weighing his options about asking him, then sighs. "So what's bothering you?"

Bryan glances up, meeting his gaze briefly before returning to the spot on the dirt that he had been watching so attentively. He shifts his stance uneasily, clenches his jaw in a mixture of uncertainty and irritation.

Bryan refuses his gaze for a moment longer then bursts out, "It's Raz."

"Raz? Is it about him being convicted as the spy or-"

"No!" Bryan exclaims quickly then takes a deep breath. "Okay, yes it is. Do you know what it's like to have someone barge into your life and just make you realize that until that point, you hadn't been breathing? Hell, until that point, you hadn't even been living!"

At first he's a little taken back by his sudden ferocity. Up to this point, he'd been calm and collected. Then Skye thinks of Lana.

He thinks of the way she smiles and of how the whole world glows a bit brighter when she does. He thinks of sometimes when he's around her, he feels as if his heart is going to beat out of his chest. Everything seems sharper, louder, and more vivid around her. And when she kissed him...

Skye freely admits that it was the strangest and most beautiful sensation he's ever experienced.

"I know what it's like."

Bryan looks at him, agony written across his features. "Then imagine what it feels like to have that ripped away from you, because that's what I feel like now. I know in my heart that there's no way he could be the spy but with what Lana said that he is able to be controlled by Vyanna...it's as if everything I've ever felt with Raz could have been a lie."