Chapter thirty one ~ bodyguard

Don't forget to like and comment~

The next few days after the weekend, Bogum just observed and made sure Yoongi and Hoseok left class before him. The bullies, Jiyong and Seunghyun, seemed to be noticing this. One day the small one deliberately bumped into Bogum, making him drop all his books. When Bogum bowed down to get the books Jiyong held him and whispered 'mind your own business.'

Nearly three weeks passed without Bogum and Taehyung speaking again. Bogum wanted to give up hope on ever regaining his old friend's trust. He guessed Tae was mad at him for showing up on the doorstep, drunk and desperate. He couldn't blame him; he didn't think he deserved reconsideration. Just because he waited after some classes for five seconds longer didn't mean he could somehow gain his friends back.

It was Monday 22nd when something unexpected happened during lunch break. Bogum had bought his lunch and was just about to sit with the guys with whom he had been hanging out, the guys he loathed from the bottom of his heart.

"Bogumie!" Tae called all of a sudden. "Come sit with us!" he smiled. The whole school was watching the scene now, everybody looked at Tae as if he was some masochistic maniac, as if he was a lamb who just called the big bad wolf to come eat with it. Bogum didn't care about the looks though, he smiled back and dashed across the room in the same way a dog would when it was called by its owner.

"Hey." he breathed out, once there. When he reached the table everyone had just lost interest.

"Hello Bogum! We haven't met before, I'm Jimin!" Jimin grinned and offered him his hand. As Bogum slowly took shook his hand he understood why Tae said 'he makes you forget who you are', as the boy's smile made him unable to think for a second.

"Hey... Jimin." he mumbled as he sat down next to Taehyung, in front of Jimin, at the right hand side of the table.

"These are Yoongi and Hoseok." Jimin gestured at the far left of the table. "I'm guessing you know them already. Yoongi, this is your new bodyguard."

Yoongi just rolled his eyes and continued eating, it seemed like he was holding himself from a rude remark.

'Fair enough' Bogum thought to himself.

"Hey Bogum!" Hoseok started, trying to brighten the mood as always. "We're glad to have you with us." Bogum smiled. He thought he would never meet anyone purer than Hoseok.

Bogum was pretty silent throughout the meal, he quietly laughed at jokes and didn't really talk unless someone directly asked him a question (to be fair, that happened quite frequently as Jimin, Jungkook and Hoseok kept trying to bring him into the conversation. Yoongi acted annoyed at first but he got softer by time.

When they were done eating, Taehyung pulled Bogum away to talk to him about 'something important'.

"What is it Tae?"

"So... nearly three weeks ago, you -courageously- gave me some documents that could undermine all your dad's work."

"... yes?"

"Well it is time for us to act upon it. My dad is going to the police and then he is going on a news show today. He's going public."