ii. chancellor of earth

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE INITIAL SHOCK OF BEING ON THE PLANET THAT THEY'VE DREAMED OF SINCE CHILDREN WAS BEGINNING TO FADE. June could hear some of the others still cheering, talking louder than normal, but instead of joining them, she was inside of the dropship with Wells. He hadn't seemed like much of a celebrator like everyone else and instead focused on their biggest issue for the time being. Between the dropship crashing and failing roughly, and the fact that they weren't near any mountain with a base, so they were nowhere near Mount Weather, their only source of future survival.

"I'm a computer nerd, not a wire nerd," June was declaring as Wells pried off the casing off, exposing a bunch of fried wires in sparks. She grimaced, inspecting them before shaking her head. "They're totally useless." It was their only source of communicating The Ark, and it was dead.

Agreeing, Wells huffed. "The wristbands are all we have left for The Ark to know we're alive," he guessed, gesturing to the bands around their wrists. June lifted her hand, looking down to the heavy mechanical wristband grasping her wrist. She figured when the guards slapped them on their wrists, leaving them as prisoners, they'd be helpful and send vital signs back to them as if they were study subjects.

The pair made their way back outside, deeming the system as pointless to work on. Neither of them were mechanics, which meant it was useless to try anyways. The problem of not being anywhere near Mount Weather still stood, and at the very least, that's something they could work on. Clarke was already worrying about it from what June could see, as the blonde was leaning over a flat top and drawing on a map.

"We got problems," Wells announced their presence. "The communications system is dead. A dozen panels are missing, and heat fried the wires."

Shaking her head in disappointment, Clarke shook it off. "Well, all that matters right now is getting to Mount Weather," she spoke. "See? Look, this is us." June leaned forward, peering at the map that Clarke pointed to and studying the lines. "This is where we need to get to if we want to survive." She trailed the tip of her finger across, making a distance from where they were and where they needed to get.

"Where'd you learn to do that?" Wells questioned, impressed. His face slowly relaxed when coming to the realization. "Your father."

They haven't argued, and Clarke hadn't snapped at him for a while, which left June glad. But Clarke seemed tense at the mention of her father, almost ready to snap once more before they were interrupted by a slender male with goggles resting on his head. "Ah, cool, a map," he noted. "They got a bar in this town? I can buy you two ladies a beer," he offered, flashing a dorky and sweet smile at the two blondes.

It made June snort, even though she was flattered by his attempt and finding both her and Clarke attractive, her sexuality told herself that her only interest in any partner was female. It would have been funny to tell him so and watch his face, but before she could consider it, Wells stepped forward and used his arm to shove the male, Jasper, back with curt, protective words. "You mind?"