Chapter 7 | A Million Dreams

It was beginning to feel like a routine to be sitting on the beach, admiring the blue ocean. Every Saturday morning, she found herself enjoying the sea breeze. She liked being on her own, imagining her mom with her. She had a cup full of hot chocolate and her fuzzy blanket wrapped around her body. It was as if her mom was there. She could almost feel her presence.

She closed her eyes to bask in the tranquility that the early morning provided, only to be interrupted by someone stepping on a branch. She turned around and saw Zac. He gave her an apologetic smile. She giggled.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him. Zac sat down beside her, stealing her warm beverage. "Hey! That's mine."

"Sorry babe, but it's cold. What are you even doing up so early?" Zac asked her. She ignored the butterflies that fluttered at the endearment. They were just friends. She had to keep reminding herself of that.

"Thinking." She stated. Zac nodded. He admired the girl beside him. She was wearing a soft blue top with what he assumed were jeans. He couldn't tell from the blanket laid around her body. "Did you call Seth?"

"Maybe." He teased. Her youngest brother was helping keep tabs on her. He didn't want anyone else discovering her. He didn't want to share her with anyone else. She was amazing in every way. Plus, he enjoyed the company at the library.

When Hailey and the girls were off shopping the day before, he found himself at the Foster residence. Ben had opened the door. He had pink lipstick and a matching pink tutu on. Zac struggled to keep himself from laughing.

"Shut it." Ben said with a frown. That's when Zac lost it. He let out a bark of laughter, earning daggers from Ben. "Logan."

"Okay. Okay, i'm done." Zac said as he tried to end his fit. A minute later, he was able to keep a straight face, well as straight as possible while still staring at Ben.

"My sister isn't here." Ben said still annoyed. Zac nodded.

"I know. She's off with the girls. I actually came to see if Seth wanted to come with me to the library." Zac said. Ben's eyes widened at his words. He then allowed him in. Zac stepped into the living room, seeing Trinity on the ground. She seemed to be picking up colorful objects. "Hi Trinity."

The little girl looked up. She had a confused face. Did he not remember her? It had only been a few days since he was last here. Seconds later, she got off the floor and ran to him. Her small body hugged his left knee, taking him by surprise.

"You're Hailey's boyfriend!" Trinity said squeezing him tight. He chuckled.

"Not yet." He said through a grin. Ben chuckled, sliding off the tutu. "How are you princess?"

"I'm awesome. Benny let me do his makeup. Isn't he pretty?" Trinity asked with a cheeky smile. Ben looked at Zac with a blank stare. Zac burst out laughing again.

"He looks beautiful. So, where's your brother Seth?" Zac asked her. She shrugged, detangling herself from him.

"Seth!" Trinity shouted. Ben chuckled as he wiped off the sparkles. Footsteps were heard before a clumsy Seth ran into the room.

"I was summoned?" Seth asked. He was out a breath. He looked at Trinity before he looked at Zac. "Zac, hey."

"Hey Seth. I was wondering if you wanted to come to the library with me?" Zac asked. Seth's eyes almost popped our of their sockets before he was nodding his head.

"Let me just grab my stuff." Seth said with excitement seeping from his words. Zac nodded, chuckling. Seth then ran back up the stairs.

"Seth has been bugging me to take him. I was supposed to take him today, but Hailey asked me to babysit Trin." Ben told him. Zac nodded in understanding. The girls kept bringing it up at lunch, trying to convince her to go shopping with them. "She also wanted to go to that party tonight. Be careful. She hasn't done anything."