Chapter 10 | Treat You Better

Being the only girl at home, besides Trinity, Hailey found it weird to hear giggling in her house. It was rather early; too early for visitors. She slipped out of bed, stretching her limbs.

She had gotten home late after the football game. The boys and the test of the football team had won. Zac had played really well, turning to look at her after each touchdown. She had worn his jersey, curling her hair too. She could feel the curious eyes on her throughout the game. She ignored them and focused on the attractive boy. She was definitely glad they were talking again.

Hailey shook away her thoughts of the previous night and focused on the task at hand. She pulled on one of Ben's baseball hoodies over her tank top. It reached her thighs, slightly covering her running shorts. She ran a hand through her hair and stepped out of her room.

The laughter was louder in the hall. Hailey saw her siblings' doors closed. Now she was really confused. She walked down the stairs and heard Luke's voice. She turned and saw him on the couch, with a girl.

"Luke, stop." The girl said giggling. Hailey stopped moving, confused and surprised at the entire situation. Luke was smiling at the girl. She had dark hair and bright blue, almost green eyes. She looked familiar but Hailey was sure she'd never met her.

 She looked familiar but Hailey was sure she'd never met her

"Hails, you're up." Luke said flipping his gaze to her. Hailey nodded, staring at the girl. Why did she seem so familiar?

"Yeah, what are you doing up?" Hailey asked him, flipping her eyes to the girl for a second.

"Hails, this is Tasha. We're doing a project. She had to come over early." Luke told her. Hailey nodded. That made some sense.

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm sorry if my laughter woke you up. Your brother is just really funny." Tasha said gazing at Luke. Luke smiled back at her. Hailey was confused. Did this girl actually like her brother?

"If you excuse us Hails, we have work to do. We can go finish in the backyard." Luke said getting up. Tasha grabbed her things and followed Luke out of the room. Hailey watched as they disappeared.

Hailey continued to rack her brain. Tasha seemed very familiar. She had the same bright blue eyes as someone. She just couldn't figure out who. Her outfit was also very cute, with shorts and cute blouse. She had on sandals with that Tori Burch sign. Hailey shook her head. It didn't matter if Tasha seemed familiar. She had other things to focus on.

Hailey walked into the kitchen and saw Ben at the counter. He had a bowl of cereal sitting in front of him as his head was placed in the palm of his hand. He was slightly snoring, making Hailey giggle.

"Shut up. I'm trying to sleep Hails." Ben mumbled. Hailey laughed even louder.

"Go to your room." Hailey said. She walked around the island and pulled her own bowl out. She filled it with Fruit Loops and sat next to Ben.